PDA

View Full Version : Can't find program after download

Poodle
2007-06-11, 00:47
I clicked download 4.1 S&D and it said thank you for downloading but it is not on my computer. I did a search for Seak & Destroy and looked in programs etc. and nothing came up, nothing on desktop, no shortcut in lower bar. What happened and what do I do now. I tried downloading again with same result.

Zenobia
2007-06-11, 03:15
If you downloaded with Internet Explorer,did you choose to Run the program,or did you choose to save the installation file to your computer?

You could try to save the installation file to your computer,and then try running it.You might want to save it to somewhere convienent,like your desktop,so you're sure where it is.

You could also try downloading from a different mirror,and see if you have better luck:
http://www.spybot.info/en/mirrors/index.html

When doing a search,you'd want to search for Spybot-Search & Destroy,not Seek and Destroy.Or,I think the installation file should be called spybotsd14.exe,if you had saved it to your computer.

If no luck with any of that,please post back. :)

Poodle
2007-06-11, 04:45
I didn't have any choices. As soon as I clicked download it said thank you for downloading.

Zenobia
2007-06-11, 05:04
You should get a box popping up,and if you're downloading with Internet Explorer,it should ask if you want to Run or Save the installation file.
Maybe try a different mirror from the link above,see if you get better results from that. :)

Also,did anything appear above your browser,like a yellow strip,saying something along the lines of:
"To protect your computer,Internet Explorer blocked this site from downloading files to your computer.Click here for options..."

Poodle
2007-06-11, 08:51
I used the one on C/NET, no yellow strip, nothing. It's a dead link.

I just used one of the ones you recommended and it went through the whole installation. Thank you very much, wish I had found the site this morning!

Zenobia
2007-06-12, 02:29
You're welcome,glad you got it installed okay. :)