PDA

View Full Version : black list processes unavailable

johnrainwater
2007-06-11, 06:53
When I right click the icon in the system tray, it says that 1172 processes have been blacklisted - yet when I look on the settings under blocked processes, nothing exists - it's blank.

Why?

spybotsandra
2007-06-11, 11:06
Hello,

You will only have entries in that list if you have marked "remember this decision" when you choose to deny an entry.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

johnrainwater
2007-06-12, 07:13
...on multiple files that appear as prompts, but the field is still blank.

Any idea why?

Thanks,

John

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-12, 07:50
"Blocked processes" is only populated if you have received a TeaTimer process termination dialog and answered with "Automatically kill this process".

If you are getting TeaTimer registry change dialogs and are doing a "Deny change" with a "Remember this decision" the information would be stored under "Blocked registry changes" of TeaTimer's "White & Black List".

TeaTimer's process termination dialog reads:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy has encountered and terminated a process that is listed as part of a malicious software.
TeaTimer's registry change dialog reads:

Spybot - Search & Destroy

Spybot - Search & Destroy has detected an important registry entry that has been changed.
I believe that the "1172 processes blacklisted" refers to the number of different processes that will be terminated if they try to start in your system. This list of processes is internal and not accessible.