PDA

View Full Version : Spybot deleted my windows firewall now I can't put it back on or d/l windows updates.

ProtossX
2007-06-15, 04:36
This program labeled microsoft firewall as a potential threat I thought it was some fake spyware program disguised as microsoft firewall in name and so I told spybot to go ahead and remove and block it

next thing my windows firewall is gone and I can't even click it back on

I go to windows update site and now my computer crashes when It checks for updates

I am not very happy about this spybot should not have labeled my firewall a threat an now I cant even update my computer OS because that thing is inheritly connected with the whole OS and now spybot @#$@ed it up

I cant restore it either I dont know what to do i need some serious help im really pissed at spybot at this time and once i get this fixed im removing it and gettin ad-aware which dont label my real windows firewall as a friggin threat

Zenobia
2007-06-15, 09:13
Could you please show the logfile for when that was removed.That should make it easier to see what happened.
To do that,Open Spybot,hit Mode->Advanced Mode->View Reports->View Previous Reports.Look for the Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm.log file that contains that entry.Rightclick and then select Select All,then rightclick again and select Copy.Then paste it here.