PDA

View Full Version : spybot runs but does not remove problems

go222
2006-01-05, 06:40
hi everyone:).
i am running the latest version of spybot and it runs and scans although a long scan but when it finds all problems and i click to have the problems fixed it does not fix anything instead it completely freezes and i must restart windows xp manually. i have not enabled tea time this time around so i can't imagine why i can only scan but not fix the problems spybot finds. since this has happened many times for the past 2 weeks i decided to completely uninstall spybot earlier today and now post this requesting help and advisement before downloading and installing the same version of spybot again, any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks so much....and happy new year 2006 to all:).

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-05, 16:29
Please post the last Checks.yymmdd-hhmm log from the Spybot scan so that we can see what you were trying to fix.
Note: By default here are two Checks.yymmdd-hhmm logs produced during a scan. The second Checks.yymmdd-hhmm has the details of what the scan found. A Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log is produced if you fix or attempt to fix the detected problem(s). However, since the fix hung, I doubt that you have a Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm log.
Even though you uninstalled the following information should be available.
The Checks.yymmdd-hhmm and Fixes.yymmdd-hhmm files are stored in the following folders:
Windows 95 or 98:
C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows ME:
C:\Windows\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Windows NT, 2000 or XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Logs
Using Windows Explorer, navigate to the last Checks.yymmdd-hhmm file. Double click on it and it should open with Notepad. To copy to the Clipboard > Right click and select Select All > Right click again > select Copy.
After the information is copied into the clipboard it can be pasted into a post.