PDA

View Full Version : Question about a Warning I recieved when doing a scan

morgan27
2007-06-16, 06:33
Hey all,
I am new to this, so my apologies in advance if this isn't enough information or whatnot...
About half-way through a scan this popped up:

Warning
There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search _Destory\Includes\TrojansC.sbi
See ‘Include errors.log’ for details.

Could someone please tell me what this means? I couldn't find the 'Include errors.log' for more details... :scratch:
Thanks!!
~Morgan

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-16, 06:41
Download the following update using the integrated update facility:
TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06
The TCP/IP Settings plugin is needed for a new detection that is currently in the TrojansC.sbi rule set.

morgan27
2007-06-16, 06:57
Thank You!
:)

pixelwizard
2007-06-16, 18:44
Download the following update using the integrated update facility:
TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06
The TCP/IP Settings plugin is needed for a new detection that is currently in the TrojansC.sbi rule set.

Thanks from me as well... I got the same error message. Longtime Spybot user here, with a venerable Win98SE machine to match my geezer self. Appreciate the software and all the effort that goes into it.

However (sorry!)... since lack of this "plugin" causes an error (I saw the same squawk somewhere else posted by a Vista user), that sort of makes it non-optional - not worthy of being called a plugin, no?

I originally passed it up when offered because the few lines of documentation I found really explained very little about it.

True, I already happened to have at least some idea of what TCP/IP settings are. Eons ago I'd reset my own to speed up my dialup Internet connection. So I was concerned my desired settings - not being the original office-network-oriented ones supplied by Microsoft - would be detected and "corrected"; the minimal documentation on the plugin said zero about there being any controls or settings to it (are there?? I haven't seen any yet), nor am I aware whether it can be be uninstalled.

Following the baffling error message and the forum advice I conceded and obtained the plugin... happily I can report it did not balk at my previously reset TCP/IP; it left the settings alone; and the error message stopped for me too.

BTW, for interested Win98/NT/95 users, here's the easy little freeware I'd used to speed up the machine:

http://moat.nlanr.net/Software/TCPtune/

The example settings pictured there are given for Win98, but I have always used them for years with Win98SE and they're fine. The software author links you to further information for technical information you may want for the other OS's that TCPtune can handle.

tashi
2007-06-16, 19:08
Cheers. :)

BTW, for interested Win98/NT/95 users, here's the easy little freeware I'd used to speed up the machine:
I would be very careful about using a utility that states at the top of the page:

This code was written for research purposes in 1999 it only works on win98 first edition and a single version of windows NT. It will probably not work properly for you as it has not been maintained. There are a number of commercially/publicly available packages that now allow you to do the same thing. As such there was no research benefit to maintaining this software to support the newer versions of TCP (such as win98 se, 2000, etc)