PDA

View Full Version : Complaint

Rednose
2007-06-19, 17:28
Hi all.

FYI I saw this in the Malware Forum :

Spyware Terminator is listed on the Rogue Anti Spyware Programs, so I would uninstall it via the Add Remove programs in the Control Panel. You can read about it here.
http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm

From here : http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=95853&postcount=4

As your Security Helper should know this is not the truth :

Note on SpywareTerminator: We originally listed Spyware Terminator on this page out of concerns that Crawler, the company behind the product, had established connections with IBIS, a well known adware distributor responsible for such adware programs as Wintools, Websearch, & Huntbar. Although we found no problems in our initial testing with Spyware Terminator, and while the vendor itself announced that it was exiting the adware business (1), we decided out of caution to impose a three month probation period before we would consider re-testing and, if warranted, de-listing the the product from the Rogue/Suspect list. During that three month probation period we monitored the behavior of IBIS and Crawler. At the end of the three month probation period we re-tested Spyware Terminator, again finding no problems serious enough to justify listing the program on this page. As the vendor involved has not been involved in the distribution of adware for many months, and as the program itself exhibits no problems serious enough to warrant mention on this page, we have decided to de-list Spyware Terminator from the Rogue/Suspect list and can no longer regard the program to be "rogue/suspect.

Note: not to be confused with Spyware X-terminator from Stompsoft

Domains: spywareterminator.com, spyterm.com, crawler.com

[A: 12-5-05 / U: 3-9-06]

From here : http://www.spywarewarrior.com/rogue_anti-spyware.htm#spyterm_note

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-06-19, 17:53
As your Security Helper should know this is not the truth : Human error is well....human, no need to make a big fuss.

Regards.

Rednose
2007-06-20, 00:14
Good to know it was just a human error, so we can trust it won't happen again :)

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-06-20, 01:03
No comment.

ken545
2007-06-20, 01:31
Rednose,

At the time of my posting , whether they considered it Malware , a Trojan or just a plain Rogue program, or if they were considering taking it off that list because the company cleaned up there act is besides the point, it was listed on that site. as Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products

When it's no longer listed on that site, I will consider not posting remarks about it. My self, I would not want it on my system and I would hate to see a poster download and install it with no trial , not like the program and be stuck with the purchase. But of course thats me, I guess caring about the welfare and well being of our posters in not important. I thought that was the point of us all being here, but maybe I'm wrong.

tashi
2007-06-20, 01:42
I guess caring about the welfare and well being of our posters in not important. I thought that was the point of us all being here, but maybe I'm wrong.
No you are not wrong, thank you for being here. :flowers:

Rednose
2007-06-20, 18:36
Ken545, let me explain my concern about your posting. People come here to ask for advise and help. It is important that they can trust the helper that everything he/she advises is in the best interest for them. If a helper doesn't do that, people will lose their trust in him/her and maybe even in the whole forum. You have every right to give your personal opinion about certain software, but don't turn around the facts. If you do that people will lose their trust in you, beleve me.

Personaly I want to say that I have always highly recommanded this forum, simply because in my opinion it is the best. And I would like to recommand it in the future too.

Greetz, Red.

tashi
2007-06-20, 18:49
but don't turn around the facts. If you do that people will lose their trust in you, beleve me.

As said already, it was an honest mistake and corrected.

Yes all helpers have the right to voice their own opinion.

http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=21234&postcount=3

While certain products may be de-listed, it does not mean they are recommended.