PDA

View Full Version : Requesting new feature for the next version...

ThundernetBR
2007-06-19, 23:58
Hi there,

as my very first post, I'd like to request a new feature.

It would be nice to see added in the (near) future to SpyBot an "Update from a folder" option, instead of only while connected to the Internet; this would be very nice because sometimes we simply don't have (in a infected machine) access to the Internet ! In this situation we could d/l any update on another 'clean' machine and, using a removable/portable device, update SpyBot in the 'not-so-clean' machine... :bigthumb:

What do you all guys have to say about this ? :)

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR

gopackgo
2007-06-20, 05:29
Hi there,

as my very first post, I'd like to request a new feature.

It would be nice to see added in the (near) future to SpyBot an "Update from a folder" option, instead of only while connected to the Internet; this would be very nice because sometimes we simply don't have (in a infected machine) access to the Internet ! In this situation we could d/l any update on another 'clean' machine and, using a removable/portable device, update SpyBot in the 'not-so-clean' machine... :bigthumb:

What do you all guys have to say about this ? :)

Thanks a lot,

--ThundernetBR

I think it sounds like a great idea!!! But that's just me!

PepiMK
2007-06-20, 10:33
There are three things you can already do:
You can just copy'n'paste the Includes folder and/or the DLL files, there's no magic involved in that really :)
Or take the Updates\*.zip files from the clean machine, and extract them on the offline machine (help.*.zip goes into the Help\ folder, includes.*.zip goes into the Includes\ folder, ...).
Or download the "manual installers", second to fourth entry on the download page (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html), copy them over to the offline machine and install them there.Not sure if a "Update from folder" would be more comfort than the manual installers? ;)