PDA

View Full Version : How can I install S&D silently ?

ThundernetBR
2007-06-19, 23:13
One more post for today. :D:

How do I perform an unattended, silent install of S&D, with all the up-to-date patches, updates and features, and also already immunizing the system automatically and, if possible, in my native language ? I'm asking this because it would be nice to have this kind of solution in a portable device so I could transport it anywhere and 'rescue' any infected PC... :bigthumb:

Thanks for any help,

--ThundernetBR

t001z
2007-06-21, 01:15
The way to install silently is to create a batch file (using notepad or some other text editor paste the first code clip below and save it as whatever-you-want.bat) and place this information in the file:

if exist %Program Files%\Spybot~1\spybotsd.exe goto end
spybotsd14 /verysilent
:endThis will install and that is it.

Next, then run the .bat file.

There is a lot more stuff you can do to enhance your script. I have a thumbdrive that I always map as the T: drive and this is the script that I set it to run under:

cls
@Echo off
title Installing and Running SpyBot
color f1

echo Checking to see if it's installed (updating as necessary)
if not exist "c:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" goto install

goto Scan

:Install
"T:\Virus&Spyware\Spyware\Spybot\spybotsd14.exe" /silent /nocancel
copy "T:\Virus&Spyware\Spyware\Spybot\Default configuration.ini" "c:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy"

:Scan
"c:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SpybotSD.exe" /autoupdate /autocheck /autofix /autoclose /autoimmunize

:"C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\unins000.exe" /silent

:End

The line just above END is currently "commented out", but you can remove the : and it will uninstall the spybot install when it is completed -- I do this only if I am servicing someone's PC. In the ":Install" section, you can also install with /noicons and it will not place icons in the start menu (useful if you are scheduling the program to run at specified times and do not want the end user to mess things up :fear:).

Hope this helps!

boatusmartex
2007-06-29, 20:25
I was just reading your post, what does that line about the default configuration ini? can that be changed? and is it important to have?

T:\Virus&Spyware\Spyware\Spybot\Default configuration.ini"

PepiMK
2007-06-29, 22:09
To "rescue any PC", you can simply run Spybot-S&D from an USB stick or CD (even a bootable Windows PE CD) without having to install it ;)

For the language, create a Default.ini with "Language=LanguageName" in the [Main] section.