PDA

View Full Version : List of sites compromised by Italian Job Trojan?

Cynthia
2007-06-20, 03:05
First of all, I know near nothing about computers, but this weekend my SpySweeper alerted me that I had a Trojan Backdoor Hacker. I've got Spybot, but also Spysweeper w/Antivirus, TrendMicro, and a few other things, but this was only the 2nd time in my year of the computer to get such an alert. I quarantined and deleted it then ran multiple sweeps with the various programs including Spybot and none of them showed up any traces of whatever that trojan was. But since I mostly, though not entirely, stick to surfing the same websites, I'd really like to know which sites have this Italian Job thing in case that was what I had. If anyone knows where to find such a list of compromised sites I'd like to know of it.

tashi
2007-06-20, 04:23
Hello.

I'd really like to know which sites have this Italian Job thing in case that was what I had. If anyone knows where to find such a list of compromised sites I'd like to know of it.

As far as I know the sites affected are all in Italy, a write up is here at Trend Micro (http://blog.trendmicro.com/another-malware-pulls-an-italian-job/).

I doubt you will be able to find an authoritative list. The infected sites will change constantly.

Best to keep your security programs and browsers up to date. :)