PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer blocks MMORPG update

|Sno|
2007-06-20, 16:28
Hi there,

I didn't find anyting here or on safer-networking.org, so I ask the question here.
On some machine with installed S&D and active TeaTimer, TeaTimer prevents an MMORPG named Guild Wars from getting it's updates from the Arena.net servers.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/624/fehlerjb9.png

Using sysinternals process explorer let me find out that TeaTimer had an open handle to C:\Programme\GUILD WARS\gw.exe - the executable of Guild Wars which gets updated regularly. After killing the TeaTimer.exe, the update runs fine.

Because I have 2 machines - both running TeaTimer in conjunction with Panda ISS 2007 - I assume a malfunction somewhere which causes TeaTimer to keep the gw.exe open. This assumption results on the fact, that only one of the machines have the problem. And Guild Wars is the only program which's online-update function is prevented by TeaTimer.

Any ideas or any additional info's required?

/Sno

TimeLord
2007-06-29, 19:04
I am experiencing a similar problem, and it just started recently.

I build web-enabled software for a living, and we have Spybot loaded on all of our machines (after some bad experiences with spy-ware leaking onto the company network). Now when I run one of our executables, TeaTimer opens a handle to it and never closes it; at that point, I cannot rebuild the EXE without first shutting down TeaTimer.

Was there a recent update (6/27/2007 perhaps?) that would have caused this behavior? Why does TeaTimer keep a handle open to my EXE?

Any insight would be GREATLY appreciated.

tashi
2007-06-29, 19:22
Hi there, I have made a note for attention by the Team.

Someone will respond, please note it may not be until after the weekend.

Best regards.

PepiMK
2007-06-29, 20:05
Have you tried the 1.5 beta?

We have been in contact with Arena a few weeks ago, and patches have found their way into the new TeaTimer and detection library.

If it still happens with the 1.5 beta, please let me know immediately!

wk357mag
2007-06-30, 14:32
This is the 21Jun07 Beta

http://www.safer-networking.org/files/beta/spybotsd15.exe

TimeLord
2007-07-11, 18:34
I loaded Beta 1.5.1.12, and TeaTimer still keeps a handle to my EXE, even after I've closed the EXE down. I still have to stop and restart TeaTimer in order to build...

Thanks,

Tom

wk357mag
2007-07-11, 19:04
I loaded Beta 1.5.1.12, and TeaTimer still keeps a handle to my EXE, even after I've closed the EXE down. I still have to stop and restart TeaTimer in order to build...

Thanks,

Tom

The latest beta was released today, so do a clean install and try again!!!

1.5.1.13 (July 11th)

TimeLord
2007-07-11, 20:08
TeaTimer 1.5.0.9 (included in SpyBot S&D 1.5.1.13) resolves this issue.

Thanks,

Tom