PDA

View Full Version : exclude list

benoit
2007-06-23, 12:21
Hello

in version 1.5 when i exclude some update the program retain that not.

i close the program after i check the exclude (whith right click on the mouse in the menu) but when i open the program the list is always there.

benoit
2007-06-24, 09:59
Hello,

is it a bug or i have a problem ?

when i exclude some update the follow scan they are always there.

Thanks for a response.

Benoit

PepiMK
2007-06-25, 12:30
To be honest, the problem currently is with me, since I do not understand what you described ;) From what you described, I cannot reproduce this. Whether I add something to the exclude list from the results list, or from the Settings->Ignore Products page, it just works.

You could start with naming the version you are referring to, for example (there was an inofficial 1.5 beta version from Neowin for example, one officially released by us without giving a "name" besides "1.5 beta", and then we added real numbers, e.g. the current 1.5.1.12).
And then let us know if the list on Settings -> Ignore Products will show those entries you clicked as checked or not.

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-25, 14:56
I believe that benoit (http://forums.spybot.info/member.php?u=19160) is talking about excluding items from the "Search for updates" listing.

PepiMK
2007-06-25, 16:31
Ah, sorry, I somehow missed the word "update" :)

That works here as well though. Please check if you have the file C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Excludes\UpdateDL.sbe, since that stores the exclude list.

Another reason might be the "protection" for those files; if you modify one by hand, Spybot-S&D will recognize that and revert back to the original state (no excludes in this case).

Is anyone else able to reproduce this?

wk357mag
2007-06-25, 16:37
I cant check this cause I actually DO GET all availible updates.

Guess I could choose to see other langauges and then exclude them. Let me try that, brb

wk357mag
2007-06-25, 16:43
ok, normally I DO NOT choose to see other languages, cause I dont know but ONE (english). I made change to settings to show them. Then restarted client. Checked for updates and all the extras were now shown. I then selected the three options for brazilian language (help, help for TeaTimer, language file), ADD TO EXCLUDE LIST. Restarted client, checked for updates and the option for these three languages are infact made present again!

So something is broke in EXCLUDE portion of SB.

wk357mag
2007-06-25, 16:46
also would like to note, that I have on 4 occasions found some of my cookies, that I have choosen to IGNOR (save) to be unchecked, even though I have choosen to save them prior. This is really just ONE cookie that keeps getting unchecked, and this is to the SPYBOT FORUM! go figure!!

Also, were did the shredder options go? Cant find them in this version

benoit
2007-06-25, 20:19
ok, normally I DO NOT choose to see other languages, cause I dont know but ONE (english). I made change to settings to show them. Then restarted client. Checked for updates and all the extras were now shown. I then selected the three options for brazilian language (help, help for TeaTimer, language file), ADD TO EXCLUDE LIST. Restarted client, checked for updates and the option for these three languages are infact made present again!

So something is broke in EXCLUDE portion of SB.

Hello

yes it' that sorry for my english and my poor explanation.
version 1.5.1.12
french version but i will exclude the english update from documentation
thanks

benoit

wk357mag
2007-06-25, 20:21
Pepi

I chose to exclude these same languages again and this time it remembered them. Weird

Sometimes it remembers to keep my spybot forum cookies, but sometimes it forgets too and cleans just that one!

wk357mag
2007-06-26, 02:21
now it is remembering the things I dont want to DL, the exclude list is maintained! now, not sure why it wasnt.

I been playing with it, rebooted and done some of my normal stuff, to see if I could find a reason why it wasnt maintaining the list, but, cant find it yet

bitman
2007-06-26, 07:22
This is just a wild guess. Do you use Fast User Switching at any time? If so, try switching just before performing one of these tests.

I'm only suggesting this since it's been known to create issues with Cookie Exclusions in the past. I'd think this would have been fixed as part of the Limited/Multiple User improvements, but who knows, since I don't use FUS myself.

Bitman

wk357mag
2007-06-26, 08:08
This is just a wild guess. Do you use Fast User Switching at any time? If so, try switching just before performing one of these tests.

I'm only suggesting this since it's been known to create issues with Cookie Exclusions in the past. I'd think this would have been fixed as part of the Limited/Multiple User improvements, but who knows, since I don't use FUS myself.

Bitman

I had similiar thoughts on this. I dont use FUS, matter of fact, I dont even have it on my rig. I used NLITE to make my install disc, and with this tool I take alot of the crap out of windows. Which includes FUS, so its not even in my services to.

I did run client, make all EXCLUDES, restart client. Then tryed again, running client, then tryed again rebooting rig and doing some other things.

I cant find a reason for it yet, but am still looking. It seems to be remembering things fine now, but didnt at first.

PepiMK
2007-06-26, 15:37
Hmmm... one loss of changes is when you make changes, then do an update that restarts Spybot-S&D. I probably should save changes wheneve a change is made, not just at the end, and test if SBSD can be shut down more carefully by the updater ;)

benoit
2007-06-30, 09:48
Hello,

the problem is still not solved.

my problem is that when i select a update (english descriptions) then i do right clic and choose "add to exclude list" it disappear from the list of update but when i restart spybot s&d it reappear.

second things there are two way to update : on the left side and in the middle and the look is different. To the left it stop on a screen to ask "display beta" and "display update for all language", on the middle we see this screen but it stop not and we cannot fill wat wee wants

thanks

benoit

wk357mag
2007-06-30, 09:52
benoit

Pepi is looking in to it. Wait till the next BETA client to test, to see if it then fixxed. There has been so many little fixxes and such, that its best to wait till then to re-evaluate things.

benoit
2007-06-30, 12:21
hello

ok sorry

thanks to all of you that help us

it is true it is not an urgency there are maybe other problem

thanks

benoit

PepiMK
2007-07-01, 14:14
The difference between the two buttons is intended, and actually the same way as it has been in previous versions. The left shortcut bar item did also just open the update section, now it opens the update application.
The "quick" button on the intro page did already open the update section and started looking for updates, and now it does the same with the external updater application ;)

wk357mag
2007-07-01, 14:17
its not a BUG, its a FEATURE!

benoit
2007-07-02, 19:14
The difference between the two buttons is intended, and actually the same way as it has been in previous versions. The left shortcut bar item did also just open the update section, now it opens the update application.
The "quick" button on the intro page did already open the update section and started looking for updates, and now it does the same with the external updater application ;)

Hello,

ok thanks

but the left button stopt upon a screen to let us a choice "display beta updates" or "display update for all languages" the button in the middle stopt not upon this screen. Is it normal ?

PepiMK
2007-07-03, 12:47
Yes, see the two posts above it.

The "quick" way (button on start page) is intended to be a bit... well... quicker ;)