PDA

View Full Version : How do I remove the pop-up tips of Spybot?

gtbgmaniak
2006-01-06, 20:46
I mean the ones that appear when I allow or deny some system setting. For example I start my ICQ and all the settings are ok, but it appears as if I am allowing it every time and I don't want it to do that? How do I remove these tips?

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-06, 21:04
I mean the ones that appear when I allow or deny some system setting. For example I start my ICQ and all the settings are ok, but it appears as if I am allowing it every time and I don't want it to do that? How do I remove these tips?
gtbgmaniak:

Can you be a little more specific as to the content of the message (pop-up) that you are getting?

gtbgmaniak
2006-01-10, 06:32
It tells me that I have allowed something to start or not start when I turn on the computer, it's in the registry division. How do I remove it?

spybotsandra
2006-01-10, 10:16
Hello,

The reason why the TeaTimer asked you is because it would ask you about any similar changes in the registry without regarding if it is good or not.
There are so many registry keys that it is impossible to classify them by default. So the user have to decide if he want to allow it or not.
The TeaTimer is making snapshot files when you start it the first time and the tool is comparing the current registry with the snapshot files.
If you want to make a new snapshot files please shutdown the TeaTimer with the Resident icon and then start it manually from the Spybot S&D program folder.
There is no possibility yet to hide the popups which remind you which keys are blocked. As a workaround, you can only make new snap shot files.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

gtbgmaniak
2006-01-22, 03:21
Ok, I'll leave it that way :)