PDA

View Full Version : why does S&D keep finding the same threats over and over again?

mwfn1
2007-06-24, 12:58
I religiously run S&D after every startup but I wonder why it keeps finding a handful of tracking cookies every time it runs? I can repeat the check and it will allways keep finding the same threats again. Isn't that what Immunization should take care of? Or am I not understanding the nature of these threats correctly? What is causing things like "Avenue A" or "Mediaplex" to remain active on my System?
I am running Vista Home Premium and work deliberately as user w/o admin rights.

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-24, 13:06
What browser are you using where the tracking cookies are being stored?

mwfn1
2007-06-24, 13:12
All the cookies come from Firefox. I rarely use IE. The entries are:
Avenue A, Inc
Double Click
MediaPlex
Omniture
Zedo

md usa spybot fan
2007-06-24, 13:19
Immunization only affects Internet Explorer.

In regard to the detections identified as Firefox tracking cookies. Sometimes Spybot has trouble removing Firefox tracking cookies. There are suggestions in the following post on how to remove them as well as block them from being stored:
http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=64081&postcount=4

mwfn1
2007-06-24, 13:47
Did what you said, installed Spywareblaster, removed cookies, disabled the setting of tracking cookies in both browsers etc... and it worked.

Its wonderful, what you guys are doing for the community! :bigthumb:

One idea: Would it be possible to add immunization for Firefox in the future? Since I like many others use FF because we feel more comfy with it?