PDA

View Full Version : Loop on Running bot-check (67603/67606: Zlob.VideoActiveXObject)

menet
2007-06-30, 09:51
Hi,

I have seen several (a lot of) entries about loops/hung of Spybot in this forum. But like it was difficult to read them all, I have preferred to create a new one if it can help others Spybot users. :alien:

I have not made a lot of Spybot scans since the beginning of this 2007 year but like others users, I have seen that Spybot seems looping at the end.:sad:

Like it was more and more longer, for the last scans, I had to kill Spybot process. :cool:

Yesterday, I have decided to find the reason of this problem and then have investigated on the forum and my PC.
- First : Changing to the previous version of advcheck.dll file to use the January 15th 2007, 21:14:22 version (573 Ko/586 920 octets) was not the solution. I am back with a May 23th 2007, 13:13:26 version (677 Ko/693 848 octets).
- I have cleared the Internet Explorer, Firefox and Windows Live Messenger caches; but i don't know if it was the solution because I believe that the last try that stops the hang was :
- I have disabled the "File System Realtime protection" of my old Antivirus (Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition 8.1.0.825 = Norton Antivirus)

But this morning, I have no more loops at the end, I have made several tries but I have no more problem even my antivirus was in "Enable File System Realtime protection" status to YES.

Before, it was looping and the last message on the status bar was Running bot-check (67603/67606: Zlob.VideoActiveXObject) with the progression bar full of green.

Now I see what is done after that :
Running bot-check for Internet explorer and Firefox Tracking cookie then Bookmark.

My suggestions of changes to do in Spybot :
- Why not put at plural the cookie and Bookmark words in these last messages ?
- On my PC, this last step "Browser search" (for cookies, bookmarks, ...) takes the same time that the scan of the others previous bot-checks and the progression bar is already at 100% green.
It should be well to restart to zero the progression bar for this "Browser bot check".:crowned:

Best regards ;)