PDA

View Full Version : Problem with registry backup

Moussa
2007-07-02, 23:57
Hallo
I run Vista Ultimate 64Bit
When i install Spybot Search and Destroy i have a problem with performing a backup of my registry. It tells me to press for the Backup but afterthat it hangs up i cant go to the next step. What could i do?
Regards Moussa

Zenobia
2007-07-04, 07:47
If you try installing again,and are willing to skip the registry backup step,you could just press the Next button instead of pressing the Create registry backup button,to get Spybot installed without the hangup.

ms009986
2007-08-29, 20:15
I have Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit as well, and I'm having the same problem--Spybot hangs on the registry backup section. And I got an error on installation, although despite that Spybot seems to run.

Is Spybot not Vista 64-bit compatible? Should I uninstall it?

Thanks,
Chris

samir
2008-04-03, 23:39
I am using Windows XP and I just upgraded to Spybot 1.5.2.20.

WHen I started it, I was asked to backup my registry, but then it just hung up.

I can run spybot without backing up the registry, but I would prefer to make the backup. Is there any way I can get back to the registry back up function short of uninstalling and reinstalling the program?

Zenobia
2008-04-04, 04:06
Yes.After Spybot is installed,you can go back and try to make another registry backup.
Try opening Spybot,click mode,then Advanced Mode,click Settings over to the left,then click Settings below that.At the top of the page,you should see the Wizard button.If you click that,the wizard should open,and you can try backing up your registry once again.If you'd already immunized and updated,if the steps come up in the wizard again,you could keep pressing the Next button until you get to the end,and then you can press the Start using the program button to get rid of the wizard.