PDA

View Full Version : Downloader

bcrenner
2007-07-03, 15:34
I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the right place, but here goes.

Yesterday, I got all these popups from Norton that said it had detected a virus (downloader)...some of the popups said it had been removed, others said the file couldn't be accessed.
I printed their instructions for removal...turn off system restore, go to safe mode, run a complete scan...I did that three times, and every time I went back to normal mode, I was still getting the popups.
Last night, in the safe mode, I ran Spybot, Norton, Lavasoft...when I went back to normal mode, the popups are still there........any suggestions?

Thanks

bcrenner
2007-07-03, 18:07
hijackthis.com?

Thanks, I'll try it

pskelley
2007-07-04, 13:50
Welcome to Safer Networking, if you still need help and are not receiving it elsewhere, it appears you have missed some important instructions our administrator has posted at the top of the forum, especially this: "BEFORE you POST" (READ this Procedure before Requesting Assistance)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
All advice given is taken at your own risk.
Please read and follow all instructions and post all required logs or reports, anything less will slow your process.
Use "Post Reply" to post the information in the instructions and stay in the same topic.

I have no idea if I can help or not and will not until you take the time to follow the directions.

Thanks

tashi
2007-07-11, 07:06
Due to lack of a response, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.