PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding the TCP/IP Setting Plugin

hf041445
2007-07-03, 18:39
Hello

I recently updated Spybot on june 25 and its been awhile now, but I definitely notice a drastic drop on my connection speed as if some setting was change by the TCP/IP Setting plugin that limited the amount of connection coming in. I have measured and it seems that my connection have reduced down to around 30kb/sec from originally 200kb/sec.

I do not really know why that is so or maybe because reducing the connection was part of the plugin to prevent certain hacking or spyware attempts?

But right now I prefer to revert it back. So is that possible to remove the plugin and revert back all the changes it has done? Because simply deleting it or uninstalling Spybot isn't working.

Thank you

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-03, 19:04
hf041445:

After installing the "TCP/IP Settings" plugin, did you detect a problem with a product name of "Zlob.DNSChanger" during a "Check for problems" and then do a "Fix selected problem" on that problem?

hf041445
2007-07-03, 20:55
Um no problems seems to be detected or anything I had that goes by this name.

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-03, 22:27
hf041445:

As I attempted to indicate in the following post:
TCP/Ip Plug In
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=14815

The "TCP/IP Settings plugin" appears to be just an unregistered dll file (TCPIPAddress.dll) that was placed in the following location:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins
The TCPIPAddress.dll only appears to load with SpybotSD.exe and therefore should not have any affect on anything except Spybot – Search & Destroy (SpybotSD.exe) when you are running it.
If you did not do a "Fix selected problem" on the detections identified by the rule set and associated "TCP/IP Settings" plugin as "Zlob.DNSChanger", I personally do not believe that the "TCP/IP Settings" plugin is the source of a setting change that cause a slowdown of your internet connection.