PDA

View Full Version : Help figure out what im dealing with!

coriley
2007-07-10, 06:11
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:07:34 AM, on 7/10/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16473) *I use firefox exclusively

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless AG USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless AG USB Wireless Network Monitor\WUSB54AG.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\WINDOWS\stsystra.exe
C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless AG USB Wireless Network Monitor\InfoMyCa.exe
C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe
C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunes.exe
C:\Program Files\BitComet\BitComet.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\SCANNER.exe

R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=69157
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=54896
O2 - BHO: Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {931F7A47-16FA-4DE6-A432-CE5CDC264C63} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvt.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\jusched.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LanguageShortcut] "C:\Program Files\CyberLink\PowerDVD\Language\Language.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [nwiz] nwiz.exe /install
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvMediaCenter] RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [MyCA] C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless AG USB Wireless Network Monitor\InvokeSvc3.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SigmatelSysTrayApp] stsystra.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [NvCplDaemon] RUNDLL32.EXE C:\WINDOWS\system32\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DAEMON Tools-1033] "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVP] "C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe"
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ctfmon.exe] C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console - {08B0E5C0-4FCB-11CF-AAA5-00401C608501} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_06\bin\ssv.dll
O9 - Extra button: Web Anti-Virus statistics - {1F460357-8A94-4D71-9CA3-AA4ACF32ED8E} - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\scieplugin.dll
O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: @xpsp3res.dll,-20001 - {e2e2dd38-d088-4134-82b7-f2ba38496583} - %windir%\Network Diagnostic\xpnetdiag.exe (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O11 - Options group: [INTERNATIONAL] International*
O20 - Winlogon Notify: klogon - C:\WINDOWS\system32\klogon.dll
O21 - SSODL: WPDShServiceObj - {AAA288BA-9A4C-45B0-95D7-94D524869DB5} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll
O23 - Service: Adobe LM Service - Adobe Systems - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe Systems Shared\Service\Adobelmsvc.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe" -r (file missing)
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: NVIDIA Display Driver Service (NVSvc) - NVIDIA Corporation - C:\WINDOWS\system32\nvsvc32.exe
O23 - Service: PnkBstrA - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\PnkBstrA.exe
O23 - Service: Cyberlink RichVideo Service(CRVS) (RichVideo) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\CyberLink\Shared files\RichVideo.exe
O23 - Service: WUSB54AG - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Linksys Wireless AG USB Wireless Network Monitor\WLService.exe" "WUSB54AG.exe (file missing)

I'm not sure what I have as I have scanned with spybot and kaspersky and have come up clean. However when my computer is idle the hardrive is constantly ticking away making me think there is something in the background slowing my internet down amongst other annoyances.

Do any of the processes in my log indicate something that should'nt be there?
Please help as I have run out of ideas!! Thank you so much:bigthumb:

katana
2007-07-12, 20:33
Hello and welcome to the forums

My name is Katana and I will be helping you to remove any infection(s) that you may have.

Please note that I am training, this means that any reply I give to you has to be checked first by an expert.
I apologize for any delay this might cause.

Please observe these rules while we work:
1. If you don't know, stop and ask! Don't keep going on.
2. Please reply to this thread. Do not start a new topic.
3. Please continue to respond until I give you the "All Clear"
(Just because you can't see a problem doesn't mean it isn't there)

If you can do those three things, everything should go smoothly :D

I am looking at your log and will get back to you ASAP :)

katana
2007-07-12, 23:55
Hi, Coriley

Your log is clean of any active malware, but please note the following points.

You are running a P2P filesharing program.

Many of these programs come with unwanted components bundled with them.
If you wish to find out whether the one you're using does click here (http://p2p.malwareremoval.com/).

Please note: Even if you are using a "safe" P2P program, it is only the program that is safe. You will be sharing files from uncertified sources, and these are often infected. The bad guys use P2P filesharing as a major conduit to spread their wares.

My recommendation is you uninstall it.

Please note: you must NOT use this whilst we are cleaning your machine.
This is also the likely cause of your concern

Update Adobe Acrobat Reader

There is a newer version of Adobe Acrobat Reader available.

Please go to this link Adobe Acrobat Reader Download Link (http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html)
On the right Untick Adobe Phototshop Album Starter Edition if you do not wish to include this in the installation.
Click the Continue button
Click Run, and click Run again
Next click the Install Now button and follow the on screen prompts

When the installation is complete go to Add/Remove Programs and uninstall all previous versions.

Your Java is out of date. Older versions have vulnerabilities that malware can use to infect your system.

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update.

Updating Java:
Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) 6u2
http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp
Scroll down to where it says "The J2SE Runtime Environment (JRE) allows end-users to run Java applications".
Click the "Download" button to the right.
Check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
The page will refresh.
Click on the link to download Windows Offline Installation with or without Multi-language and save to your desktop.
Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Start > Control Panel double-click on Add/Remove programs and remove all older versions of Java.
Check for any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
Click the Remove or Change/Remove button.
Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java version.

Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
Then from your desktop double-click on the download to install the newest version.

Fix With HJT
Close all other windows and then start HiJack This
Click Do A System Scan Only
When it has finished scanning put a check next to the following lines

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {931F7A47-16FA-4DE6-A432-CE5CDC264C63} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvt.dll (file missing)
- Close ALL open windows (especially Internet Explorer!)-
Now click Fix checked
Click yes to any prompts
Close HijackThis

Delete Files
( you may need to show hidden files and folders. See HERE (http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tips/hiddenfiles.mspx) for help)
Find and delete the following Files if present

C:\WINDOWS\system32\awvvt.dll <<<< This File

It shouldn't be there, but it never hurts to check :)

Lets run another check to make sure nothing is hiding
Download and Run ComboFix

Download Combofix from one of the two links below :

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
http://www.techsupportforum.com/sectools/sUBs/ComboFix.exe

Then double click combofix.exe & follow the prompts.
When finished, it will produce a log for you. Post that log in your next reply

Note: Do not mouseclick combofix's window whilst it's running. That may cause it to stall

Please post a fresh HJT log in your reply along with the ComboFix log

katana
2007-07-15, 22:42
Hi, Coriley

Are you still with us ??

tashi
2007-07-21, 08:30
coriley, due to lack of a response to your helper, this topic has been archived.

If you need it re-opened please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.