PDA

View Full Version : Here's 1.5.1.13 (todays new beta)

PepiMK
2007-07-11, 16:12
Located at the Beta (http://www.safer-networking.org/en/spybotsdbeta/index.html) overview page again. Fixes can be found there as well, but also read the Project Manager that was integrated into the forum for changes (the most noticable changes will be the new immunization, and the skinning you'll notice when switching to the "MacOS X" or "Mediaplayer 10" skins for example).

sims39
2007-07-11, 19:06
The font heading and sentences under the ehading
e.g Recovery - restore changes etc etc
they are in white and cant be read or seen properly, new beta used all updates used, restarted it, windows xp,
-also i so chose dont instal languages yet they are all there and i can choose them, i hate moving my mouse across and being annoyed by the gigantic list, at least make the list 1/5th the size with a scroll ability, a down and up arrow, you get me
- having the skinning abilitie and options in advanced mode is ridiculous also, it should be somewhere else like at the very top title bar, next to Help
E.g File Mode Language Skin Help

Also i chose no languages, why is that language there, i want it dead

PepiMK
2007-07-11, 19:51
You probably have all languages shown since you clicked the checkbox to show updates for all languages, then downloaded them?

And sorry, I don't really get you there... you can scroll both language list, main menu and Settings -> Languages page. And 1/5th in size? Do you want a font size of less than 2? One pixel in height per letter isn't really easy to read ;-)

The Skins are in Advanced Mode since "Easy Mode" users probably want to work, not play around with the look ;) The languages are listed in the main menu because it's important that they're easy to find if a user doesn't understand the current language and needs to find a way to switch them (seeing language flags in a menu helps). The skins are really just some play thing ;)

I'll take a look re: heading color... (edit: see this (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=12))

sims39
2007-07-12, 06:25
the font color is white, the font color is white for every header and description under neath.
Make the language drop down smaller, like with an arrow and you hover over it

its so small the pic but u can see the fonts are white

wk357mag
2007-07-12, 07:09
the font color is white, the font color is white for every header and description under neath.
Make the language drop down smaller, like with an arrow and you hover over it

its so small the pic but u can see the fonts are white

This is going to be with in the skin, as it looks good on the Orignal skin and the Elevn skin that I use!

wk357mag
2007-07-12, 07:10
Pepi, BTW, I have yet to find any issue with this latest beta release. Though I am still looking for them!

midas
2007-07-16, 09:32
some changes to the "System Internals" feature i see.

I can assure you, these startup values exist, a quick check with autoruns from sysinternals shows this
Not so sure about the uninstall string though...but I have seen this one before and I believe it is part of windows
A note however, my windows folder is F:\WINDOWS....not sure if that is important

Category: Startup file does not exist
Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\nwiz
Filename: nwiz.exe
Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\NvMediaCenter
Filename: RunDLL32.exe
Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\NvCplDaemon
Filename: RUNDLL32.EXE
Data:

Location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PCHealth
Filename: rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 F:\WINDOWS\INF\PCHealth.inf
Data:

here is the code from the registry truncated to only show the relevant startup entries

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run]
"NvCplDaemon"="RUNDLL32.EXE F:\\WINDOWS\\system32\\NvCpl.dll,NvStartup"
"nwiz"="nwiz.exe /install"
"NvMediaCenter"="RunDLL32.exe NvMCTray.dll,NvTaskbarInit"

here is the registry code for the pchealth string

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\PCHealth]
"UninstallString"="rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 F:\\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf"
"QuietUninstallString"="rundll32.exe setupapi.dll,InstallHinfSection DefaultUninstall 132 F:\\WINDOWS\\INF\\PCHealth.inf"