PDA

View Full Version : temporarily disable?

gin--
2007-07-11, 23:13
How do I temporarily disable Spybot? I have to use this CourseCompass for my class and it's not working, I get this status 500 message, they're saying it's a security program causing it, so it's either Spybot or Avast. I stopped Avast, so I guess it's Spybot. I unchecked TeaTimer, I don't know what else to do.

spybotsandra
2007-07-12, 10:58
Hello,

You only need to disable the resident feature of Spybot - Search & Destroy.
That´s the way to deactivate it: run Spybot-S&D, switch to the "Advanced mode" via the menu bar item "Mode" --> hit "YES" --> select "Tools" in the navigation bar on the left --> "Resident" and there you can untick the checkboxes in front of the two tools.

But warning! Then you won't have resident protection!

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

gin--
2007-07-12, 19:42
Ok, thanks. It's still not working though. *sigh*

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-12, 21:41
gin--:

I would like to help, but I personally don't know what "CourseCompass" is, can you elaborate?

... I get this status 500 message, they're saying it's a security program causing it, ...
Can you provide some more details about what "… they're saying …"? If it is the content of the "status 500 message" itself, please post the text of the message. If it is feedback from a Web posting, please post both the question asked and the feedback received. If it was a human contact, please post both sides of the conversation as best as you can remember.

… so it's either Spybot or Avast.
Since you apparently stopped both Avast and TeaTimer, is "CourseCompass" the only application running in the system?

gin--
2007-07-13, 01:26
http://www.coursecompass.com/

email from technical support:
The corrupt cabinet file error most often occurs if you have any kind
of security or internet filter that is not allowing the download to
complete properly. When you tried to do step 8, did you save the file to
your desktop or did you run it from the web?

With the status 500 error that you are seeing and this new corrupt
cabinet file error, I believe you have a security program running somewhere
on your computer that is blocking some of your internet traffic. Both
errors are directly related to security or firewalls blocking content
from the internet. Please review your system and make sure that you
disable any kind of security or filtering software. This should alleviate
both errors once you have them turned off.

I get the status 500 message when I click the links that are popups.

HTTP Status 500 -

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: session is not authenticated.
at com.coursecompass.webapp.mmlaccess.util.ContextUtil.getUser(ContextUtil.java:48)
at com.coursecompass.webapp.mmlaccess.servlet.AccessServlet.doGet(AccessServlet.java:84)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:740)
at com.blackboard.custom.servlet.BbContextedHttpServlet.service(BbContextedHttpServlet.java:203)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:247)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:193)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:256)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:480)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:995)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:191)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:643)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.invoke(StandardContext.java:2416)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:180)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorDispatcherValve.invoke(ErrorDispatcherValve.java:171)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline$StandardPipelineValveContext.invokeNext(StandardPipeline.java:641)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:174)
at blackboard.servletcontainer.tomcat.BbSessionValve.invoke(BbSessionValve.java:126)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat4.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:223)
at org.apache.jk.server.JkCoyoteHandler.invoke(JkCoyoteHandler.java:263)
at org.apache.jk.common.HandlerRequest.invoke(HandlerRequest.java:360)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.invoke(ChannelSocket.java:604)
at org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.processConnection(ChannelSocket.java:562)
at org.apache.jk.common.SocketConnection.runIt(ChannelSocket.java:679)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:619)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache Tomcat/4.1.27

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-13, 08:01
Do you have a firewall or are you sitting behind a proxy server?

gin--
2007-07-13, 15:40
No firewall, don't know what a proxy server is.

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-13, 17:24
Are you connected to the internet through an ISP (Internet Service Provider) or through a LAN (Local Area Network)?

If you are connected to the internet through an ISP and do not have a firewall, I personally don’t what the problem could be.

If you are connected to the internet through a LAN, contact your LAN administrator and ask what settings are required to use CourseCompass.

gin--
2007-07-13, 19:02
It's through an ISP. I actually tried it in Opera and Firefox and I didn't get the error, but it only let's you use IE.