PDA

View Full Version : What do these Active Desktop changes mean?

fantasyfan
2007-07-12, 02:04
This is part of my log, it's just got the things it found. I know why the override for antivirus and Firewall are there, I put them there myself. I have made some changes through TweakUI and think this may be what the Active Desktop things are about but I was wondering what each of these changes means in more basic terms.

--- Search result list ---
Microsoft.Windows.ActiveDesktop: User settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper!=W=1

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-1390067357-2052111302-725345543-1004\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper!=W=1

HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper!=W=1

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.AntiVirusOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\AntiVirusOverride!=dword:0

Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Security Center\FirewallOverride!=dword:0

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-12, 06:31
The following detection indicates that there is ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper registry entry that is not set to dword:00000001.

HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\ActiveDesktop\NoHTMLWallPaper!=W=1
The items under ActiveDesktop are supposed to be a dword:
0 = no restriction
1 = enable restriction
NoHTMLWallPaper = only allow bitmaps (BMP) as wallpaper

See the following article for a more complete description of ActiveDesktop registry entries:
Active Desktop Restrictions
http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/443/
If you did not intentionally set that registry value to allow HTMLWallPaper than you should fix the detection.