PDA

View Full Version : Problem With Opera Bookmarks

bakhalishta
2006-01-09, 00:08
Hey,

I just started using Spybot Search & Destroy and I got to say, it's quite nice. The only problem I had (after running the first scan) is that all my Opera bookmarks were erased. Seeing as that never happened when I was using Ad-Aware (etc...), I think it's quite safe to think it might have been Spybot's fault. Has any of you guys encountered the same problem, and if yes, do you have any idea if there is a way to get my bookmarks back ?

Thanks !

P.S : I already tried to restore what I could, but it didn't do anything

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-09, 00:36
I understand that it is probably of little consequence at this point, but have you read Spybot's Help facility concerning Ignore Cookies:

Ignore Cookies

Cookies are usage tracks, but you may want to keep some useful cookies. This section lists all cookies currently on your system, allowing you to exclude them from further searches.
(At the moment, only Internet Explorer and Netscape Navigator and Mozilla cookies are supported - Opera cookies can only be completely deleted)

bakhalishta
2006-01-09, 01:05
Heh, damn :p

Next time I'll remember to back up my bookmarks...

Thanks

SRosato
2006-02-02, 03:54
When are they going to fix this big issue with the program screwing up Opera Cookies and bookmarks? It almost makes me want to uninstall the program.

noel-pr7
2006-02-03, 17:25
Heh, damn :p

Next time I'll remember to back up my bookmarks...

Thanks

what version of the Opera browser are you using, bakhalishta?

I use Opera 8.51 and my opera bookmarks are still there after I did a scan with Spybot. They didnt get trashed. I had to make sure that Opera is not running before I launched Spybot.

Opera bookmarks should be saved on the opera6.adr file. Search for all traces of that file. There might be multiple copies of that file if more than one user profile is used.

btw - Opera cookies are stored in the cookies4.dat file.