PDA

View Full Version : problem in 1.5.1.13

dj.turkmaster
2007-07-17, 01:56
when i click on the immunize button it can never immunize the global host section. it is always unprotected. why?

wk357mag
2007-07-17, 09:41
when i click on the immunize button it can never immunize the global host section. it is always unprotected. why?

Go to TOOLS --> Host File and hit the ADD HOST FILE button, It will work fine after that

dj.turkmaster
2007-07-17, 15:17
when i cilick on the add host file button it gives an error. it says cannot create file"c:\documents and settings\oem\desktop\programlar\spybot-search_destroy\%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts". system cannot find the path.

PepiMK
2007-07-17, 17:57
1. Could you please post the registry contents at the following location? Run 'regedit' and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters , then look up what data the value 'DatabasePath' is showing.

2. Please let me know if you have a file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

If #1 shows "%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts" and the file from #2 does not exist, we would've found the problem I think.

dj.turkmaster
2007-07-17, 23:52
1. Could you please post the registry contents at the following location? Run 'regedit' and navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters , then look up what data the value 'DatabasePath' is showing.

2. Please let me know if you have a file C:\Windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.

If #1 shows "%systemroot%\drivers\etc\hosts" and the file from #2 does not exist, we would've found the problem I think.
thank you for your help pepiMK. DatabasePath shows exactly like this: %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc and i dont have a file in the "etc" directory but i have a file named lmhosts. i hope this would help :)

PepiMK
2007-07-18, 12:01
Fixed (http://forums.spybot.info/project.php?issueid=21) :)

dj.turkmaster
2007-07-18, 12:16
I have already post this bug to the bugs menu in the tracker forum but it was deleted. however i am glad that i could help :rolleyes: I:heart:SPYBOT