PDA

View Full Version : History no clean

wk357mag
2007-07-18, 16:06
My internet history doesnt get cleaned after doing a scan. All options are seleceted to clean (tracks) but after that, history is still present in its folder.

IE6, WinXP Pro (sp2), SB1.5.1.13,

PepiMK
2007-07-19, 22:27
Hmmm... two questions:
Does BrowserCI (http://www.safer-networking.org/files/browserci.zip) show the history?
Is BrowserCI able to clean it if it is shown?

wk357mag
2007-07-20, 01:54
Hmmm... two questions:
Does BrowserCI show the history?

Pic1 - Shows Spybot after selecting ALL AVAILIBLE CHECKS, then allowing it to clean up, as I normally would.

Pic2 - Shows screen shot of HISTORY actually being still in folder.

Pic3 - BrowserCI shows that History is still present as well!

Pic4 - I than used Crap Cleaner to clean history and BrowserCI now shows history is gone!

This is repeatable everytime for me!!!

wk357mag
2007-07-20, 02:07
Hmmm... two questions:

Guess I didnt answer this one.

In using the BrowserCI tool you linked me too. It will not CLEAN the history, but it will PURGE it just fine!

I should note, that the SB1.4 version always cleaned things just fine! I never specifically checked to see if it REALLY cleaned with any of the previouse beta's of 1.5.

I would also note that this current beta has BLANK pages in two spots.

Info and License --> License
info and License --> Credits

These two pages are blank now, but, they did exsist on last Beta

PepiMK
2007-07-20, 11:59
Hmmm... about the two pages: maybe the skin engine has broken something there as well. It just can't handle dynamic content very well, so I've thrown it out again for now. The License should come from Help\English.license.txt (which should be installed by default!), the credits list built from an internal tool.

Regarding the history, that's spooky, since I haven't changed the IE code (except for multiple-startpage-support)!

I should have asked for "purge", not "clean", right, since you were speaking about usage tracks, where it should get completely purged.

I'm a bit surprised now though, since I've just seen that Usage Tracks Browser History is currently disabled and wouldn't even show. So I kind of wonder how you saw them at all ;)

If I enable Usage Tracks Browser History again, cleaning works as intended.

Going to look up now why it was disabled in the first place.

wk357mag
2007-07-20, 16:00
The license does exsist at --> Help\English.license.txt, this is present!