PDA

View Full Version : Windoes Mobile and Smart Phone?

davea
2007-07-26, 04:59
I have a PDA, Mobile PC, Pocket PC (whatever the modern term is!) operating on Windows Mobile 5. It is touchscreen and incoproates a phone, wireless internet, bluetooth etc. Can I just make sure - do I use the S&D for Windows Mobile on a Mobile PC or the version for a smartphone (or both!).

By the way I haven't abandoned my thread on errors during a check on my desktop - I need to get home to double-check what version I am using.

spybotsandra
2007-07-26, 12:04
Hello,

It should work with your Pocket PC. Please take a look here:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/wince/index.html

Please consider that we couldn't test it on all devices. Probablx your Pocket PC is not tested yet. If the manufacturer only allows certified software then this Spybot-S&D version won't work on your Pocket PC.
It is still a beta version and we will get the certification at least for the final version.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

PacoBell
2008-07-16, 14:18
It is still a beta version and we will get the certification at least for the final version.Well, it's been about a year since this post. Has there been any progress so far? The current version of Windows Mobile is now WM6/6.1 and, from my recent experience, Spybot no longer functions as a workable solution. While it does seem to be able to scan okay, I am unable to download a up-to-date definitions file, thus rendering the product effectively useless. Until this issue is solved, I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove it from my device as it occupies valuable memory for no apparent gain.