PDA

View Full Version : weird error when scanning

lordfa9
2007-07-26, 11:00
these days whenever i run a full system scan (search and destroy function) i've been getting a strange error. I dont have the specifics with me now but it has something to do with an error in trojan.c?? file (not sure what the file type is but i think it starts with .c) this usually appears when the scan is half done but it would countinue as per normal despite the error.

If this a prob with the definitions??

Will post the exact error if i can find the time to run more scans

spybotsandra
2007-07-26, 12:07
Hello,

Please tell us the exactly error message.
Otherwise we could only guess what your problem might be.

I think it might be this:
"Problem in C:\program files\spy-bot search_destroy\includestrojans.sbi"

Please download the following update (using the integrated update facility should resolve the problem): TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06

After the successful download of the "TCP/IP Settings plugin" (plugtcpip.zip - which contains two (2) files (install-plug1.ini and TCPIPAddress.dll), the update routine should have:

1. Extracted the TCPIPAddress.dll file into the following directory/folder (assuming the default installation directory/folder was used):
o C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Plugins
2. Restarted SpybotSD.exe so that the new TCPIPAddress.dll was loaded in SpybotSD.exe.

There are several ways to overcome the problem.
Try the following:

* Unzip (extract) the plugtcpip.zip file that's in your update folder to some known location.
* Then copy the TCPIPAddress.dll from that location into the Plugins folder.
* Make sure that you restart SpybotSD.exe (if running) before attempting a scan again.

For more informations please do also have a look at our forum:
Problems with 2007-06-06 ßDetection rules (beta)
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=14546

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

lordfa9
2007-08-25, 15:02
ya thats the prob. I'll try the solution later

Thanks!