PDA

View Full Version : vtstu.dll and ddcyxyw.dll

arcticram
2007-07-28, 19:44
Anyone know how to remove these files? Spybot can't because they run on startup no matter what I do??

steamwiz
2007-07-29, 00:03
Hi

Yes... they are vundo...

First I need to see a hijackthis log :-

Download a self-extracting copy of HijackThis from :-
http://downloads.malwareremoval.com/hijackthis_sfx.exe
1. save it to your Desktop.
2. Double-click on the file hijackthis_sfx.exe and it will self-extract into its own folder,
C:\Program Files\HijackThis
3. Go to this folder and run the hijackthis.exe file
4. click Do a system scan and save a logfile
5. Copy & paste the logfile into your next post here...

THEN...

Please download VundoFix.exe (http://www.atribune.org/ccount/click.php?id=4) to your desktop.
1. Double-click VundoFix.exe to run it.
2. When VundoFix re-opens, click the Scan for Vundo button.
3. Once it's done scanning, click the Remove Vundo button.
4. You will receive a prompt asking if you want to remove the files, click "YES".
5. Once you click yes, your desktop will go blank as it starts removing Vundo.
6. When completed, it will prompt that it will reboot your computer, click "OK".

7. Please post the contents of C:\vundofix.txt and a new HiJackThis log.

If vundofix cannot delete a file, it will try to delete it during a reboot, after the reboot vundofix will open again, you must run vundofix again, from "Click the Scan for Vundo button" ... and you must keep running vundofix until it does delete the file... I've known a stubborn vundo file take 5 or 6 reboots before it is deleted...

Keep running vundofix untill it gives you the message "no infected files were found"

Please remember to post :-

1. C:\vundofix.txt and
2. a new HiJackThis log.

steam

tashi
2007-08-06, 23:30
This topic has been archived due to lack of a response. :scratch:

If you need it re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link to the thread. Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start a new topic.