PDA

View Full Version : errors.log

chatty_kathy
2007-07-29, 17:22
I just downloaded spybot and ran it. I got a Includes errors.log message and it told me to go to the spybot directory to fix it. I can not find the directory anywhere...???? HELP:spider:

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-29, 17:28
chatty_kathy:

The next time you have a problem, unless it is directly related to the problem in an existing thread please use the "New thread" button and start your own thread.

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-29, 17:31
chatty_kathy:

Is this the message you are getting?

Warning

There were problems in the include file C:\Program Files\Spybot – Search Destroy\Indudes\Trojans.sbi See 'Include errors.log' for details.
If so:

You need the TCP/IP plugin with the new rule set included in beta updates on 2007-06-06 and regular updates starting on 2007-06-13 or else you will get the above error.

The TCP/IP settings plugin enables Spybot to use new rules which can detect IP addresses entered by malware and exchange them with non harmful entries.

To download and install the TCP/IP plugin you either have to:
Download the following update using the integrated update facility:
TCP/IP Settings plugin - !TCP/IP Settings plugin (65 KB) - 2007-06-06

--- or (if you do not use the integrated update facility) ---

Download and execute the following item from the Downloads (http://www.spybot.info/en/download/index.html) Web page:
TCP/IP Plugin 1.0 - product description - product description
md5: 7FD95B7E814EA2F56AEACE3613B4A0E9

This adds capabilities to find and replace malicious network settings. Only needed if you do not want to use the update function integrated into Spybot-S&D.

chatty_kathy
2007-07-29, 17:37
Sorry,
This is my first time doing this and could not find the place to put on a new post. I will look for the new thread.
Yes, that does look like what I am getting. I will try what you said if I can figure it out. I am old and not really good at this yet.
Sorry again,
Thank you for your help:heart: