View Full Version : How can i Fix this

dagger666
2007-07-30, 13:25
Current filename: C:\WINDOWS\system32\NeroCheck.exe
Database status: Not required - virus, spyware, malware or other resource hog
Value: NeroCheck
Filename: regedit.exe
Description
Added by the _DOOMJUICE.B_ WORM! Note - this is not the valid Ahead Nero CD burning program. Also it is not the valid Windows registry editor which resides in C:\Windows or C:\Winnt wheras this version resides in C:\Windows\System (Win9x/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (WinNT/2K) or C:\Windows\System32 (WinXP)

I was wondering when i run regedit nothing happens

md usa spybot fan
2007-07-30, 17:50
dagger666:

I don’t believe that there is necessarily anything to fix.

Do you have Nero's CD Burning software installed?

Note the file name Current filename: "…NeroCheck.exe ".

Are you ignoring the following description for "NeroCheck" which is for "Filename: nerocheck.exe" not the not for "Filename: regedit.exe" that you cited?

Database status: Necessity depends on users preferences
Filename: nerocheck.exe

Description
Associated with "Nero Burning Rom" CD writing software. Checks for driver issues

Source: Paul Collins Startup list
Or is the only description that is being present for "NeroCheck" on your system the one you cited for "Filename: regedit.exe"?

Database status: Not required - virus, spyware, malware or other resource hog
Filename: regedit.exe

Description
Added by the _DOOMJUICE.B_ WORM! Note - this is not the valid Ahead Nero CD burning program. Also it is not the valid Windows registry editor which resides in C:\Windows or C:\Winnt wheras this version resides in C:\Windows\System (Win9x/Me), C:\Winnt\System32 (WinNT/2K) or C:\Windows\System32 (WinXP)

Source: Paul Collins Startup list

dagger666
2007-08-19, 15:18
YEah something like that. A bad virus def from kaspersky took out my regedit.exe file and could not get it to work. Fixed it by just coping it from the windows Cd.