PDA

View Full Version : Auto Logoff after Logon - Malware related?

Casper42
2006-01-10, 20:01
I had some spyware lingering on my laptop and tried to clean it off this past wekend. Well it looked like I got the entries all out, but then when I rebooted my machine, I couldnt logon. When I logged on as my cached domain account, or as the local administrator account, I am immediately logged off and put back to the CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. Same in Safe Mode and Safe Mode with Command prompt. I tried to use Last Known Good and that didnt work

I searched the net and found many articles about rsaupdater.exe or something like that hiding in Winlogon, but I searched my machine and its registry (via BartPE) and found no traces of this program.

I did however find a program and reg entry that concerned me, and have deleted them just now via BartPE but I thought I would post anyway since you all seem to know your stuff.

file was named msconfigs.exe and was in sys32. Reg entry for it was
HKLM\System\ControlSet001/002/003\Services\Windows Internet Provider

Soooooo..... Any ideas for me? keep in mind I can get in via BartPE, but I cannot (well maybe) run most of the common removal tools you all might refer me to.

-Dan

LonnyRJones
2006-01-18, 16:14
Hi Casper42

Can you get any suspect file's to a floppy ?
If so zip up and attach them at this forum in the uploads section http://www.thespykiller.co.uk/forum/index.php

LonnyRJones
2006-01-23, 18:02
Due to lack of responses this thread is closed
If you still need assistance a new log will be needed, send me or Tashi a PM or email and we will re-open it.