PDA

View Full Version : Contra virus keeps showing up

Li.Sc
2007-08-03, 15:04
It was suggested by one of the volunteers that I post my problem here. I have an older system- windows 98. It was suggested to me to try spybot when contra virus ads kept showing up on the computer. When I run spybot the following show up as problems- spy shield, ad protect, contravirus and virus blast. It seems able to correct all problems but spy shield. Spybot asks to run again when I start up. The check always takes longer and a bunch of error messages come out at the end- to quick for me to write down and the computer freezes up. If I run the check again all the same problems are there, even if it is only an hour later. Any suggestions- remembering I'm not that knowledgeable yet. Thanks

tashi
2007-08-03, 18:21
Hello.

Please follow the procedure to produce the HJT log as we spoke of here: http://forums.spybot.info/showpost.php?p=108904&postcount=2 ;)

tashi
2007-08-09, 18:22
This topic has been moved to archives.

If you need the thread re-opened, please send me a private message (pm) and provide a link.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.