PDA

View Full Version : Updater.

alpha24
2007-08-05, 15:27
Hi. How do I get the "Updater" mentioned in the message I get when I try to update Spybot,please.?

alpha. :sad:

md usa spybot fan
2007-08-06, 13:28
... in the message ...
???

I see a text string in SpybotSD.exe that could possibly issue a message like:

Warning

The external update application has been corrupted.
Please make sure you download the "Updater" update to replace it.
Is that the message? If so, I suggest that you uninstall and reinstall Spybot-S&D.

kylnj
2007-10-20, 05:53
hi md usa spybot fan,

well, here is where i am stucked:

i used to have s&d 1.4(i believe) and i made a mistake to install the 1.5(had not uninstall 1.4 or using 1.4 upgrade).
once completed, i uninstall 1.4.

1.5 always gave me 'updater/blindman.exe corrupted' message. then i uninstall 1.5 and confirmed s&d is not in c: and control panel also showed its not there any more.

but once you reload XP, the s&d 1.5 still comeup with the same error message.

thanks for your help.

spybotsandra
2007-10-22, 11:52
Hello,

You can also download the updates manually: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Here is the direct download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

OldBag
2008-02-25, 16:54
Since downloading 1.5.2 I am getting two messages when I try to update - "The external update application has been corrupted. Please make sure you download the "Updater" update to replace it." and "The external "Blindman" application has been corrupted. Please use the update function to get it again."

I'm being blocked from the two links given above to get these manually, and I don't want to reinstal the whole thing (takes hours on dial-up), so could you tell me please, whereabouts on the Spybot homepage are these downloads to be found? I've hunted everywhere. Is the download called something other than "Updater Update" and "Blindman"?

Deb

spybotsandra
2008-02-25, 17:00
Hello,

This error might occur if you download the Detection Rules Update and the Main Update at the same time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

hoalonso
2008-02-25, 18:21
Hello,

You can also download the updates manually: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html
Here is the direct download link: http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates/files/spybotsd_includes.exe
Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Sandra:
I'm having troblles with the program after update to this version. Before that the program was excellent, but now is not working well.
Mi Pc run over S.O. W98. Can you help me?

Best Regards

hoalonso (from Buenos Aires, Argentina)

OldBag
2008-02-26, 13:00
Hello,

This error might occur if you download the Detection Rules Update and the Main Update at the same time.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Thanks Sandra,

It is two popup messages immediately after clicking on the "Search For Updates" button. It's before it even looks for new updates, and it happens every time I've tried to update with the new version. It lets me update after I close the popups, but won't give me the two things it says I need.

So how do I get the two things I keep being told I need? I can't find where on the SPYBOT site I can download them from, even though the message (see my first note above) keeps telling me to update the updater and get Blindman again.

Where exactly do I go to get them please?

OldBag
2008-03-04, 16:40
If anyone has the same problem with pop-ups telling you to update the Updater and get blindman again, the answer is spelled out in another thread, and has worked for me with no more problems.

Reinstal (don't need to uninstal first, and no need to redownload the whole thing), but making sure to deselect the green tick on "Download updates immediately" part way through the instal wizard. It tells you you already have it installed with the green box ticked, but uncheck it anyway and it works.

I needed a friend to help find the instal icon before being able to do this, and I needed them to explain that reinstal doesn't mean redownloading the whole thing...

The problem seems to have been caused because I'm on dialup. Is there any way SPYBOT team can have a note to tell people to uncheck this box if on dialup to save future problems please?