PDA

View Full Version : [Solved] Beta Silent Install

tijiez
2007-08-08, 06:15
Using the command line parameter /verysilent and /components="main" I still get teatimer installed. Also, depending if there is an older version of spybot installed, the machine will reboot after the install.

My question is, on the newest beta, how do you do a silent install without teatimer and preventing a reboot no mater the circumstance?

Thank you in advance for any support.

PepiMK
2007-08-08, 11:43
1. Use /tasks="!launchteatimer"
2. Use /norestart

The MSI installer is probably better suited though.

tijiez
2007-08-10, 05:13
In addition, when using:
/verysilent /components="main" /tasks="!launchteatimer" /norestart

It does everything I want it to, except, after adding your above suggestion a desktop icon is no longer created.

Also, after a reboot, some computers complain about a missing .dll on startup. Any ideas?

PepiMK
2007-08-10, 14:15
Well, you can specify more tasks, e.g. /tasks="!launchteatimer,desktopicon"

That means to ignore the "launchteatimer" task, but to use (no ! in front of it) the "desktopicon" task.

Other tasks are for example "launchsdhelper" or "quicklaunchicon".

Which DLL?

tijiez
2007-08-11, 08:12
To not use /components="main" which I use to skip the automatic download of the includes file, which task would I use to skip that download?

Also, when I come across the DLL file problem again I will snap a screen shot of it.

tijiez
2007-08-21, 05:01
Any idea on my last question?

PepiMK
2007-08-21, 11:08
Not using /components="main" means a full installation, and downloading the updates is part of a full installation. Updates are a component, not a task.

Masterraven9
2007-09-29, 02:32
hello

i´ve tried to install spybot with a batch file but when i used /verysilent /components="main" /tasks="!launchteatimer" /norestart
the tea timer is anyway installed. And when i used !desktopicon it is anyway installed so the function /task dosent work why?

thx

PepiMK
2007-09-29, 13:09
Sure it is installed; "launchteatimer" prevents that it is launched at the end of the installation, and set up to run on system start. But what reason would you have to not install the file at all?

homenet
2008-02-11, 20:49
Sure it is installed; "launchteatimer" prevents that it is launched at the end of the installation, and set up to run on system start. But what reason would you have to not install the file at all?

I'm in the same boat... I have been using a script to install Spybot for a while and I never install TeaTimer. I wish NOT to install TeaTimer 'cause it nags a little too much for my liking. Below is my code...

"c:\spybotsd152.exe" /silent /components="main"

Then, further down my batch file I have the following lines to remove unwanted icons...

IF EXIST "%HOMEPATH%\DESKTOP\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY.LNK" (DEL /Q "%HOMEPATH%\DESKTOP\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY.LNK") ELSE (ECHO LINK WAS NOT THERE TO BE DELETED)

IF EXIST "%APPDATA%\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\QUICK LAUNCH\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY.LNK" (DEL /Q "%APPDATA%\MICROSOFT\INTERNET EXPLORER\QUICK LAUNCH\SPYBOT - SEARCH & DESTROY.LNK") ELSE (ECHO LINK WAS NOT THERE TO BE DELETED.)

I'm sure there's a better way for dealing with unwanted icons but that's how I do it for now. I'd use the /noicon switch during the install but that would no doubt keep the icons from entering the start menu and I'd rather have those in place.

Anyway, if there's a better way to do away with the icons on the desktop and quick launch, great! If not, no worries... My main issue is getting rid of TeaTimer without having to run a command to delete the reg key from the startup folder.

02-11-08
1348 EST
Rob @ HomeNet

PepiMK
2008-02-12, 15:10
Take a look at the 1.5.2 help file, the section about command line parameters has been updated :)
Instead of using /noicons, you could probably use /tasks="" (empty list of tasks, since desktopicon and quicklaunchicon are defined as tasks).

homenet
2008-02-12, 15:49
Take a look at the 1.5.2 help file, the section about command line parameters has been updated :)
Instead of using /noicons, you could probably use /tasks="" (empty list of tasks, since desktopicon and quicklaunchicon are defined as tasks).

Understood. I'll see how that works.

02-12-08
0849 EST
Rob @ HomeNet

Hillbillie
2008-03-26, 00:50

My first message, just wanted to say I install S&D on lots of computers every month. Very good program...

Question1 > How do I stop (in silent install) the teatimer from being a service in silent install. Slow computers dont run well.

Question2. > What silent switches for selecting english so the popup box wont ask?

Thanks.

md usa spybot fan
2008-03-26, 07:12
Hillbillie:

Have you tried the following?
/verysilent /tasks="!launchteatimer" /lang=en

homenet
2008-03-26, 12:03
My first message, just wanted to say I install S&D on lots of computers every month. Very good program...

Question1 > How do I stop (in silent install) the teatimer from being a service in silent install. Slow computers dont run well.

Question2. > What silent switches for selecting english so the popup box wont ask?

Thanks.

I use the following switches and my installs perform without any issues.

/silent /components="" /tasks=""

Using that set of switches, I don't get the TeaTimer and all I see is a dialog box that zips by with a progress bar.

03-26-08
0601 EDT
Rob @ HomeNet

tijiez
2008-07-15, 18:04
With the latest release of SpyBot, what new command line params or tasks are available? Thank you for any replies.

PepiMK
2008-07-15, 18:58
The best overview over command line parameters is now on the wiki probably:
Command line parameters (Spybot - Search & Destroy) (http://wiki.spybot.info/index.php/Category:Command_line_parameters_%28Spybot_-_Search_%26_Destroy%29)
Wiki login is the same as forum login (until I find time to make the read-only part available without login ;) ).