PDA

View Full Version : Questions about setting up Intranet update Server and have

sjpatrick
2007-08-10, 16:07
We are a new user to Intranet Update Server 1.4.1 with setup questions. I have read the manual and installed the software many times, but I must be missing something. I can get the updates down to my central server, but they don't seem to get to the client PCs. I say 'seem' because the client PC state they have the latest updates, but will not run a scan unless I copy the definition files in their \include directory. The zip files appear to be getting updated on both the server and clients.

Current settings:
Update files path: \\server\spybotsd_updates
Update information file \\server\spybotsd_updates\spybotsd.ini
Intranet server address: \\server\spybotsd_updates
Central Configuration file: \\server\spybotsd_updates\configuration.ini
Client settings:
Address of update file: \\server\spybotsd_updates\files
Address of Config file:\\server\spybotsd_updates\configuration.ini

Questions:
After the .zip files are downloaded, how are they converted to .sbi, .sbs, etc.?

It is preferred that I use UNC and not a web server for this project, I have tried both and have run into errors. Does this require a webserver?

When I try to use the integrated web server, I get an error: Could not start server; port may be in use. I have IIS running and I am able to view webpages on this box. What port is it trying to use? Is there a separate download for webpages for this product?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you

tashi
2007-08-11, 08:29
Hello sjpatrick.

I left a note for the Team to see this topic.

Meanwhile, have you emailed the office directly with your questions? licenses(at)spybot.info

Best regards.

sjpatrick
2007-08-13, 14:23
Thank you for your reply

Yes and No. Yes I have worked with the support team on one of these and other questions. No, I have not posted all these questions to support. They have been responsive, but I am also interested in other users experience with these questions. If possible I would like to know have other multi-client users manage their installations and day to day operation.

spybotsandra
2007-08-13, 14:55
Hello,

As you are a corporate user, may i ask which company your work for that has purchased the license files?

Further please write an e-mail to corpsupp(at)spybot.info if you have any further support questions. Thanks. :-)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot