PDA

View Full Version : Conflict-InnoSetup & Teatimer?

Fran_
2007-08-10, 20:59
I'm a programmer and I have been testing my software the same way for several years. I compile a setup program using Inno Setup (same version-4.2.7; same script) and install to my test folder over the old version. It's a very simple install; other than installing a font and a desktop icon, it's only copying files. The behavior suddenly changed. The only difference was updates to Spybot and Avast.

I'm getting an 'Access Denied' error on one file. There's no popup from Resident or TeaTimer, but experimentation shows that the problem doesn't occur if Resident/TeaTimer is not running. It first happened after the 8/1 updates, but still happens after the 8/8 updates. Windows version is XP SP2.

It happens only if I have run the program since rebooting. After the error message, regardless of whether I abort the install or ignore the error, I cannot delete or rename the file. If I stop Resident at that point, the file disappears.

I've found nothing else that affects the behavior. Please help. I don't want to have to turn Resident off and on.

Thanks,
Fran