PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Scan Oddity

Always Confused
2007-08-15, 15:21
This happens every week when a scheduled scan runs, and it never happens when I run a scan manually:

"The fax receiver failed to open." When I cancel that message, I get another pop-up that the Delrina WinFax receiver failed to open.

I also get (and it is expected) the "may we run Spybot when you restart due to unfixed problem(s)" dialog; I've tried doing that, and Spybot finds no problem(s).

Why does the scheduled scan differ from a manual one, and what do I need to do to fix the problem?

spybotsandra
2007-08-15, 15:28
Hello,

Please run Spybot-S&D in "Advanced Mode" and go to "Settings" --> "Scheduler". Hit the "Edit" button at the top of the "Scheduler" section in Spybot-S&D. Then hit "OK". Now you are asked to enter the password (your windows account password).

Please consider the following link in order to see how to use the Scheduler: http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/tasksched_topnode.mspx

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Always Confused
2007-08-15, 16:51
I know how to get to the Scheduler; after all, it is already set to do a scheduled scan.

Thus, I don't understand your reply, which does not tell me what, if anything, I should change to fix the problem.

Always Confused
2007-08-18, 23:23
Any assistance with this?