PDA

View Full Version : lordoftibia

GeorgeC
2007-08-16, 16:50
Late yesterday afternoon I was working in my Quicken financial program. I closed, and opened Spybot 1.4 to check for updates, and downloaded the 15 August set. There were new products requiring immunizing, so I clicked immunize. Just as immunization was ending, I got an alert from my SpySweeper 5.5.7 saying something to the effect that program Quicken/QW.EXE was attempting to change security settings in Internet Explorer with lordoftibia.pl, and I should deny the change. While I was trying to figure out what this could be, SpySweeper by default denied the change. I googled lordoftibia, and found that it looked like a keylogger. I then went later to the SpyBot site, and noted that the 15 August updates mentioned lordoftibia in malware and trojans. Both Spybot and SpySweeper full scans showed no lordoftibia on my computer. Is this something I should be concerned with, or was it just two different spyware software doing their jobs? If I had a keylogger or trojan in my quicken program (or anywhere) I would be really concerned.

katana
2007-08-16, 19:16
Hi GeorgeC,

Given the serious nature of keyloggers, I recommend that you start a topic in the Malware Removal section and post a HJT log for an expert to look at.
These things are not to be taken lightly and you need to be sure you are safe.