PDA

View Full Version : Spybot Error Messages

Harley Rider
2006-01-13, 03:37
When I last run Spybot in safe mode I received the following measages. Is ther ea problem and how do I deal with it.

First Attempt:

Error during check!: NewDotNet (Datei C:\WINDOWS\wininit.ini kann nicht geöffnet werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()
Second Attempt:

Error during check!: InterFun (Datei C:\WINDOWS\system.ini kann nicht geöffnet werden. The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process) ()

Congratulations!: No immediate threats were found. ()

What are NewDotNet and InterFun and how do I deal with them?

Thank you.

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-13, 05:53
Please provide the following information:
The operating system you are running on.
The Version of Spybot - Search & Destroy you are running.
The date of the latest detection update.
Note: Items 2 and 3 can be determined by going into Spybot > Help > About.

spybotsandra
2006-01-13, 10:20
Hello,

You seem to be using a dated version of Spybot-S&D.
Please download our new version Spybot - Search & Destroy 1.4. That should fix it.
You will find links to several download locations for this new version on our web site:
http://www.safer-networking.org/en/mirrors/index.html
Please search for new updates after installing Spybot S&D 1.4.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

Harley Rider
2006-01-14, 05:41
While I was waiting to hear suggestions, I tried something. I turned off the errors I was getting in settings and scanned again in Safe Mode. I did this until I had no more occurances. This took 17 attempts because each time something new came up. The following are those indicated and in order: NewDotNet, InterFun, Xuron55, CoolWWWSearch, CoolWWWSearch.Leftovers, CoolWWWSearch.MSInfo, CoolWWWSearch.Mupdate, BackOrfice.B, CoolWWWSearch.SVCPack, CoolWWWSearch.SVCInit, CoolWWWSearch.Tapicfg, CoolWWWSearch.Yexe, Freshbind, Carbrotur, MultiBinder1.2, RedLabel, Win32.Optix.

Next I too thought I might better download the updated Spybot 1.4 which I did. It ran and only found one item, DoubleCheck, which it got rid of.

So, now all appears fine. But, what happened to all those things I found with Spybot 1.3 that were not removed???????????

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-14, 06:15
All those "Error during check!" problems were caused by running with Spybot 1.3 and an old copy of the advcheck.dll which was revised in October 2004.