PDA

View Full Version : Net-Integration Bookmark?

wingspar
2007-08-21, 06:01
Last two times I've run Spybot, it found a default bookmark from Net-Integration. I have never made a bookmark for Net-Integration. In fact, I've no idea what Net-Integration is, or why I have a bookmark from the site. What is this, and how can I stop this from happening.

I had Spybot remove that bookmark last week when I ran Spybot, but the bookmark was back this morning when I ran Spybot. I’m running 1.4 with all the latest updates.

Attached is a screen shot from Spybot.

http://www.pbase.com/image/84246051.jpg

spybotsandra
2007-08-21, 12:28
Hello,

That was our old forum. But the person who was doing this for us and hosting it has cheated us in different ways - so we added this site to our detections.
You can easily remove it from your bookmarks.

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

wingspar
2007-08-21, 20:33
Thanks. I’ve run Spybot twice since I posted, and the bookmark hasn’t been back. I probably did have that site bookmarked a long time ago, it just bothered me that it came back after I had Spybot remove it.

wingspar
2007-08-23, 22:08
I just ran Spybot, and the Net-Integration bookmark is back. How can this be happening?

Zenobia
2007-08-24, 00:07
Did you try deleting it from your bookmarks in Firefox?You'd just go to bookmarks,find Spybot forum in there,then rightclick and select delete.

wingspar
2007-08-24, 03:48
Did you try deleting it from your bookmarks in Firefox?You'd just go to bookmarks,find Spybot forum in there,then rightclick and select delete.

I have no such bookmark. Last two times I ran Spybot after I had Spybot remove the bookmark, it did not show up. Today, it’s back.

Zenobia
2007-08-24, 06:44
Is there any chance that someone might have a bookmark to that site in another account on your computer?
When I added that bookmark to my husband's account,then came back to mine,Spybot seemed to pick up on it.If so,that would explain you not seeing it in mozilla on your account.That's all I can really think of,at the moment. :)

Net-Integration: [SBI $9C5153B8] Bookmark (Firefox: default) (Bookmark, nothing done)

That site seemed to be dead,when I checked,anyways.

wingspar
2007-08-24, 07:30
We both have our own computers. No one else has been on this computer except me.

Zenobia
2007-08-24, 07:47
I don't know,unless Spybot is picking up on a bookmarks backup file or something,though I don't know for sure if that is or is not possible or even likely.But,spybotSandra probably knows or can tell you more,if she posts back tomorrow.

wingspar
2007-08-24, 08:28
I doubt that, but don’t know for sure. Firefox does seem to make a bookmarks backup file that goes back 4 days. I just deleted all but todays. My backup drive is only turned on when actually doing a backup, and is never on when running Spybot.

wingspar
2007-08-29, 17:03
This bookmark is back again this morning according to Spybot. I can not find such an entry in my bookmarks in Firefox. What is this Net-Integration thing? I’m beginning to think it’s not just a bookmark. I’ve never been to Net-Integration, and don’t know where this thing is coming from. Someone please look into this. Am I the only one with this problem??