PDA

View Full Version : [Fixed] 1.5.1.14 immunization problem

sims39
2007-08-22, 13:55
XP PRO SP 2
-------------------------
I love you spybot.

A real problem i just encountered again is the newest definition file was just downloaded, i went straight to immunization and no new products were there to immunize.
i then shut spybot and reopened it and there were 124 new items to immunize.

spybotsandra
2007-08-22, 13:58
Hello,

That are the new immunizations from today.
We have just updated.
It is active when you updated and start your Spybot new.

When you download new Windows updates you also have to restart your pc. ;-)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

sims39
2007-08-22, 15:04
Hello,

That are the new immunizations from today.
We have just updated.
It is active when you updated and start your Spybot new.

When you download new Windows updates you also have to restart your pc. ;-)

Best regards
Sandra
Team Spybot

:sad: It's just that a normal user wouldn't know to restart S&D before immunization, it got me 5 times before figuring it out that i had to restart S&D, i just thought maybe there were no new things to immunize just an updated definition file for scanning.
Atleast windows says "Windows needs to restart" or something along those lines.
Atleast tell us in a popup message "restart in order for definitions to become active"
S&D makes the basic mode as simple as like not displaying log files etc for simple non computer literate folks so how would they figure this out.
Please fix it somehow,

wk357mag
2007-08-22, 15:27
I have learned to make it a point to restart the client after every update, just for this same reason

sims39
2007-08-22, 16:17
This isn't about us, my second reply needs to be read and done.
It's about user's, normal user's. Im a programmer so im not an idiot, but lots of people are and the immunize even got me, it got a lot of us, no one knows it needs restarting until they encounter it a few times.

PepiMK
2007-08-22, 19:37
Well, you're right (thanks for reporting!), even though the updater even tells you that you need to restart Spybot-S&D (if it doesn't, we've made a mistake in the central update catalogue), there actually is some "refresh" mechanism in there. It just didn't find the main window in RC 1 ;) (due to a silly typo :red: ).