PDA

View Full Version : First Time User, Explorer Pop-ups Issue

jvmoncrief
2007-08-23, 16:06
Hello there.

Yesterday I started experiencing slower computer speeds and Explorer pop-up ads (I use Firefox). I ran my AVG virus scanner and it found a "Trojan" which it "healed." Although clearly it didn't, since it kept finding it again.

I discovered this website and followed the instructions for downloading Spybot, F-Secure, and HijackThis. I ran F-secure, and saved the log. I tried to run Spybot, but while operating in Safe Mode I was unable to connect to the internet. Spybot repeatedly asked me to download updates before I could scan. I believe I was unable to download what it wanted because of the failed internet connection.

I returned to running Windows in normal mode and ran HijackThis. I saved the log of this as well, but each time I tried to "Analyze This" I received and error message and the program quit.

Thanks so much for reading this and for being there for people like me who are clueless!

Best,

Justine

tashi
2007-08-23, 17:24
Hi there. :)

Please see: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

DO NOT use the AnalyseThis button, its findings are dangerous if misinterpreted.

If you cannot run the Spybot or Anti Virus scan/s, please go ahead and post the HJT log along with a note regarding scan/s failure.

Go ahead and copy/paste the HJT log and results of the F-secure scan into a new topic, I will close this one as helpers look for zero response.

Cheers.