PDA

View Full Version : Thx, Virtumonde cured

timpdx
2007-08-27, 06:04
wow, this has been popping up crap on my PC since yesterday. thanks to the advice in this forum, I have gotten it, it just took 5 HOURS to figure out and cure. What a nasty bug.

There seems to be a lot of this thing happening in the last few days. What is with that? And why is the cure so difficult? My mom would not be able to get 1/4 of the way through the cure. Symantic does nothing, Panda could not get it, nor did AVG. ATF cleaner, nothing. Then it took running fixVundo (no effect) CW shredder (no effect) VundoFix, (4 attempts) and ComboFix. Finally I guess my last ComboFix or VundoFix and then killing the registry in HijackThis.

Thank you to all here. :)

With the tens of million spent fighting virus, trojans, adware, spyware, why was this one so difficult? Is this a new level of threat?

As for getting it, well, I was stupid, but I think I got inthe e-card and the name was someone I know. Oh well, I won't do that again.

tashi
2007-08-27, 06:45
Hello.

With the tens of million spent fighting virus, trojans, adware, spyware, why was this one so difficult? Is this a new level of threat?
It mutates. :ninja: