PDA

View Full Version : something funny going on here!!!

hoot53
2007-08-27, 18:23
i am having problems with "internet needs to close' popups on my computer. on saturday, i posted a question at the microsoft forum. today, i see almost the exact same message posted by eddiemandi here. notice my use of the small i's and the bold EVEN.

EDDIE’S INPUT

I am running home version of XP sp 2, IE6. i get the message internet explorer has encountered a problem etc. but i get this on start up and about every 30 to
45 seconds EVEN when i am not on the internet. the data is; AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00037740

i have run esuing registry cleaner, ccleaner, adaware, symantec, pcdoctor, and went into safe mode, but this blue block message keeps popping up. i can
move the block over and still work in IE6 for a while and firefox. and my internet icon doesn't always respond. system restore didn't work. help
please...

HOOTS INPUT

hoot
8/25/2007 3:26 PM PST

Question
runing home version of XP, IE6. i get the message internet explorer has encounterd a problem etc. but i get this on start up and about every 30 to 45 seconds EVEN when i am not on the internet. the data is;
AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2900.2180 ModName: msvcrt.dll
ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 00037740

i have run esuing registry cleaner, ccleaner, adaware, symantec, pcdoctor, and went into safe mode, but this blue block message keeps popping up. i can move the block over and still work in IE6 for a while and firefox. and my internet icon doesn't always respond. system restore didn't work. help please...

i can't help but be suspicious. either eddie is having the exact same problem or he wants to know how to stop someone from fixing the problem. eddie's hijack log is different from mine. eddie, if you are legit, i apologize, but why did you copy my question? i have spent hours downloading and running spyware finders, adware finders, virus scanners, turned off startup items, disabled 3rd party enablers, and still have the problem.
shelflife, i will try your suggestions and post back tomorrow. and it is always the same dll.

tashi
2007-08-27, 19:23
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Generally it is best not to follow instructions given to other members, you might want to post the HJT log so a helper can advise.

Best regards. :)

hoot53
2007-08-27, 20:07
tashi, i will run the scans and get the logs requested tonite. i thought it very odd that someone copied my question and posted it on spybot.

tashi
2007-08-27, 20:37
Hi there.

When you are ready to post the log, please start another topic.

I will close this one as helpers look for zero response. :)