PDA

View Full Version : includes.zip & greekfix.zip

needhelp
2006-01-13, 22:24
Hello,
My Strip Zip Comments program finds these two items on my pc:

greekfix.zip in C:\ProgramFiles\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates
includes.zip in C:\ProgramFiles\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates

I noticed that I don't have my Greek language support on Spybot anymore. Don't have Hellenic also. Do I have to do something with the greekfix.zip to fix the Greek/Hellenic language support?
Or did the greekfix.zip totally removed the Greek language support and didn't fix/change it to Hellenic?

What are includes.zip?
Are those essential updates/things for Spybot and do I still have to unzip them, or do they only contain comments and should I remove them for extra space??

Thank you very much.
Kind regards, Needhelp

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-14, 07:06
I don’t know what that Greekfix did but does appear that both the Greek and Hellenic language .sbi files are missing.

It appears that you can install Hellenic as follows:
Make sure that Spybot is not running.
Look for the following zip folder
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Updates\lang.hellenic.zip
That zip folder contains:
Hellenic.sbl
Unzip (extract) lang.hellenic.zip into:
C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\Languages
Start Spybot.
On the menu bar click Language and then select Hellenic
ps: I just did the above and it looks like Greek to me.

What are includes.zip?
That is the file in which the detection updates and other items are delivered.

Are those essential updates/things for Spybot and do I still have to unzip them, or do they only contain comments and should I remove them for extra space??
The zip files in the Updates folder are extracted by Spybot during the update process. I suggest that you just leave them there.

bitman
2006-01-14, 07:28
OK, md usa spybot fan beat me again... And by the way, it looks like Hellenic to me. :p :D

You can follow his instructions above, or simply copy the Hellenic.sbl (not the zip) file from the Updates to the Languages folder.

It turns out there are multiple errors in the handling of both the Hellenic Language and Help files within the Language part of the integrated update system. I won't go into much detail here other than to say that everything else still ends up where it should except for the main language (SBL - SpyBot Language) file.

As you guessed, the Greekfix.zip removes the Greek language file and then the above meant the Hellenic language didn't take effect.

This is also why you were having the differing description of the System Restore, since you were still selected for a language file that hadn't been updated with the change to list (Win XP only) since ME isn't supported.

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-14, 07:41
And by the way, it looks like Hellenic to me. :p :D
Really? It's all Greek to me. :rofl:

karolina
2006-01-16, 15:19
hi,

just to make the situation clear: the Greek language file (Greek.sbl) was renamed on the translatorīs request to "Hellenic" in June last year.
Greekfix was supposed to remove the old file and to allow the new one as well as its updates.
:o

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-16, 16:12
karolina:

As bitman indicated the problem appears to be that the Hellenic.sbl file is being unzipped into the Updates folder rather than the Languages folder.

PepiMK
2006-01-16, 17:48
Karolina seems right. needhelp didn't mention any lang.hellenic.zip in the Updates folder, so I guess the hellenic language file never was downloaded, so not unzipped in any folder?

I'ld follow md usa spybot fan's first instructions, along maybe with either enabling the option to download foreign language updates, or manually downloading the hellenic language file...

md usa spybot fan
2006-07-06, 15:20
I believe the problem encountered with Hellenic language described above is caused by the following:

The "DestinationFolder=" entry for the Hellenic language update file (lang.hellenic.zip) appears to be incorrect in the following file:
http://www.safer-networking.org/updates/spybotsd.ini
This appears to causes the Hellenic.sbl file to be extracted into the Updates folder rather than the Languages folder.

The entry in the spybotsd.ini file for the Hellenic language currently reads:
[Hellenic language]
Info=Greek/Hellenic language (31 KB)
Language=Greek
Date=2005-09-16
URL=http://www.see-cure.net/updates/files/lang.hellenic.zip
LocalFile=lang.hellenic.zip
DestinationFolder=Updates\
Checksum=996539EBB9531FF5006799BACB60D656
Mirrors="See-Cure #1 (Europe)","See-Cure #2 (Europe)","Safer Networking #1 (Europe)","Safer Networking #2 (Europe)","Safer Networking #3 (Europe)","SecurityWonks.net","TU Braunschweig (Germany)","BN FileForum (Global)","PlanetMirror (Global)","XTeq (Germany)"
I believe that the "DestinationFolder=" entry for the Hellenic language entry should read:
DestinationFolder=Languages\
Added with edit:

ps: I do not believe that this necessarily explains the cause problem encountered with TeaTimer while using the language Hellenic that was reported here:
A small problem with tea timer icon.....
http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=5405&highlight=hellenic