PDA

View Full Version : sinnerz.exe? SiNrz? (gaobot related)

cpu sav
2007-08-28, 03:28
ok im thoroughly pissed here.. i have tried everything that i know of to remove this "problem". heres a description of the problem starting from boot to clicking ok on the error message.

1- boot the computer. everything is fine.
2- reach windows. everything is fine.
3- loads my autostart programs (razer, ati, and norton 07 is all i have selected to run when windows starts)
4- after the initial load of my programs i get an error message reading

Removed.

it is blocked by norton and it didnt extract so i am ok there. now when i view everything i can about it

Removed.

i see that it says wextract.exe etc. is the problem so i do a quick search for it and then continue to delete everything that i can find thats affiliated with it (the sinnerz prefetch, the wextract.exe thats connected to it, and anything within the registry by the name sin1, sin2, wextractsin, sinnerz..) and then click ok on the error message thinking ive fixed it.

5- everything operates completely fine after i click ok. ive done virus scans through trend micro, spybot, and norton and come up short everytime. i google any of the mentioned files and names and come up short again. theres no problems or anything that i can see coming from it at all. so i restart to see if its gone..

6- i restart and am basically right back where i started. all files are there again and i repeat steps 1-6 over again.

i downlaoded a goabot fix through norton that found nothing. i did virus scans and searches and everytime come up short. does anyone have any idea how i can get this resolved?? thank you kindly in advance.

tashi
2007-08-28, 09:40
Hello.

Please see the stickied procedure for this forum: "BEFORE you POST"(READ this Procedure BEFORE Requesting Assistance) (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288)

Copy/paste the logs requested into a new topic, then I will close this one as helpers look for zero response.

No need to include pictures please. It's hard for those on dialup, and the information is not readable.

Thanks. :)

cpu sav
2007-08-29, 16:42
my apologies.. i guess i should have read the stickies before makin the thread. as far as the pictures i figured they would be saved and then zoomed in on to see what the error was. thought it might be a bit more informative as far as the problem went. ill make a new thread.