PDA

View Full Version : How long does Spybot-S&D 1.4 scans your computer?

Sword
2006-01-14, 01:57
How long does Spybot-S&D 1.4 scans your computer?

cause it takes about 6 second to scan mine

is it normal?

Zenobia
2006-01-14, 02:41
No,Spybot taking six seconds to scan your computer doesn't sound normal.

Try this:
Open Spybot,go to mode->advanced mode(you'll have to say yes to the prompt)
->Settings,then select File Sets.
Make sure everything there is checked,except possibly the last two items,which are for usage tracks.Usage tracks should only be checked if you want to scan for tracks.

strechedoutontherack
2006-01-15, 21:39
cause it takes about 6 second to scan mine

Zenobia, I've just downloaded and installed version 1.4 and it takes 6-7 secs to scan my computer. I've followed your instructions and it seems that all the right options are checked. What can I do about this?

md usa spybot fan
2006-01-15, 22:50
strechedoutontherack:

Have you re-booted since installing and updating Spybot? Re-booting may solve the problem.

During the running of a Spybot scan ("Check for problems") the status bar shows the following: "Running bot-check(xxxxx/yyyyy:zzzzzz)" where:
xxxxx = Current check count
yyyyy = Total check count
zzzzz = Malware being checked for
After the 2006-01-06 updates (without the ßDetection rules) the scan counts (yyyyy value) should be:
Without Usage tracks - 34177
With Usage tracks – 36776
If the counts are not correct:
Check and make sure Go into Spybot > Help > About. You should see the following:
[list] Latest detection update: 2006-01-13. If the "Latest detection update" doesn't read 2006-01-13, go into Spybot > Update > click the "Search for updates" button > check everything found > then click the "Download updates" button. Then run another scan.
If you have the latest updates, go into Spybot > Mode > Advanced mode (say "Yes" to the warning if necessary) > Settings > File Sets. Make sure that everything is checked except the possibly the last two items. The last two items are "Usage Tracks" and should only be checked if you want to check for them (I personally don't). The first of these two items (Usage Tracking) lists IE Cache (temporary internet files), Common Dialogs, Cookies and some Logs. The second is other "Usage Tracks".

strechedoutontherack
2006-01-15, 23:00
md usa spybot fan:

Thanks for your reply. Problem solved after re-starting the programme.