PDA

View Full Version : system restore point

needhelp
2006-01-12, 21:16
Hi,
I noticed when I'm using the english version of Spybot and go to the advanced mode 'Settings' go to ---> 'Settings' ---> 'Main Settings' there is a choice to 'create a system restore point' but it only mentions Win XP.

When I use Spybot in my own language version it mentions that I can 'create a system restore point' with both Win ME, and Win XP.

What's the right awnser?

wk357mag
2006-01-12, 21:24
"System Restore" is an option in WinXP (or newer). Does not exsist in any of the older OS'es. Though WinME does have something Vaguely similar, I think it just backups the registry, allow you an option to boot from that older version, should an issue happen that messes things up. Its really not the same though.

Now I personally dont use system restore, for my own reasons. So its nice to have the option to disable it with in Spybot.

needhelp
2006-01-13, 22:41
Hi,
I noticed when I'm using the english version of Spybot and go to the advanced mode 'Settings' go to ---> 'Settings' ---> 'Main Settings' there is a choice to 'create a system restore point' but it only mentions Win XP.

When I use Spybot in my own language version it mentions that I can 'create a system restore point' with both Win ME, and Win XP.

What's the right awnser?

"System Restore" is an option in WinXP (or newer). Does not exsist in any of the older OS'es. Though WinME does have something Vaguely similar, I think it just backups the registry, allow you an option to boot from that older version, should an issue happen that messes things up. Its really not the same though.
Now I personally dont use system restore, for my own reasons. So its nice to have the option to disable it with in Spybot.

Uhm, that's no awnser to my question? Probably my English is to bad for you to understand what I have written. I'll try to do it better this time.

I don't understand, why I can enable system restore points (only for winXP) when I use the English language version in Spybot S&D 1.4.
When I switch it to my own language (Dutch), I can enable system restore points (only for winME and WinXP).

Is there a difference? If not maybe nobody have noticed, and the Spybot builder/translator heroes can correct it the way it supposed to be. Just a very little help from my side. Sorry I post this in the Beta-section, because it's not really something for a beta-version. But I couldn't find a bug/corrections section.

Another question: Is there a way to remove extra skins from Spybot S&D? I only use 1.

Kind regards, Needhelp

tashi
2006-01-14, 03:01
Sorry I post this in the Beta-section, because it's not really something for a beta-version. But I couldn't find a bug/corrections section.
Kind regards, Needhelp
Moved to correct forum.

needhelp
2006-01-14, 16:34
Thanx Tashi!:bigthumb: