PDA

View Full Version : Teatimer starts, something kills it

brillo
2007-08-29, 09:40
I usually run TeaTimer ( aka, system settings protector, resident) at startup and leave it on. A few days ago I disabled TT temporarily for some reason, and do NOT recall which program I used to disble it. Then of course, I forgot to enable TT again before shutdown. At next startup, no TT popups were popping up, reminding me that I had disabled TT, so I opened TT in program folder. The TT icon appeared in the systray and TT's own popup appeared. But 2-3 seconds later, the TT icon disappeared and so did teatimer.exe in Process Explorer (Task manager).

I have a number of programs that can control what runs at startup and/or what is allowed to run at all, only a few of those run at startup. I checked ALL I could find (running and non running) and enabled teatimer. Teatimer is enabled/allowed in every program I can find.

Now, TT does start at startup, however, again, the icon appears in the systray and TT's whitelist popup appears for 2-3 seconds, then the TT icon disappears and so does teatimer.exe in Process Explorer (Task manager). I restart it, same result, starts and something almost immediately kills it.

Am I missing something obvious here? Can I somehow trace what's happening to TT using Process Explorer's display of handles, dlls associated with TT or Process Monitor to get a snapshot of what is killing TT? The problem is that TT gets killed so fast I don't have time to see what's killing it.