PDA

View Full Version : YouTube

funkmeister99
2007-09-01, 12:37
Well I've been surfing the web and I always watch YouTube videoes.

But...one day I was looking through a few new subscriber videoes and then my Trend Micro PC Cillin like blocks the page and goes "DANGEROUS WEBSITE" ... "Spyware"

Then it gave the youtube address...

It was director's...from their own videoes not even anything else, but real people. Any idea why this may happen? I scanned with Spybot S&D and nothing appeared.

tashi
2007-09-01, 18:10
Hi there.

But...one day I was looking through a few new subscriber videoes and then my Trend Micro PC Cillin like blocks the page and goes "DANGEROUS WEBSITE" ... "Spyware".

Have you performed a search at Trend Micro to see why the site in question is detected? Encyclopedia (http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyclo/default.asp)

Cheers.

funkmeister99
2007-09-02, 05:04
foudn out why :/

on youtube

there's a link and the page can't open unless it opens and it's something like

ad.doubleclick.net

and a few videoes will put this spyware on my computer, some videoes won't. It randomly puts it on my computer though.

tashi
2007-09-02, 06:14
Thanks for letting us know. :)

Judah
2007-09-02, 07:11
The Sunbelt blog has an entry about Zango on You Tube also. The entry is entitled,

“There goes Zango again, advertising on YouTube “
http://sunbeltblog.blogspot.com/

funkmeister99
2007-09-03, 13:20
Well, I get the page, and on some videoes it won't work but they're trusted directors that everyone has seen their videoes from.

Also, on a few of them after a few clicks the video opens and plays.

IT doesn't take me to a zango site, and I always scroll over it to check what website it will take me to.

It doesn't take me to the site Alex Ecekelberry showed.

Judah
2007-09-04, 01:57
Well, I get the page, and on some videoes it won't work but they're trusted directors that everyone has seen their videoes from.

Also, on a few of them after a few clicks the video opens and plays.

IT doesn't take me to a zango site, and I always scroll over it to check what website it will take me to.

It doesn't take me to the site Alex Ecekelberry showed.
Hi funkmeister99,

If you notice, when you click the “See what happens next Not for the squeamish” picture,
it just enlarges the picture, the address bar has the .PNG on the Sunbelt site. As do the other pictures.
Alex is not going to put up a live link to the video. If there’s ever a live link, he will warn you not to click on it as he did in one of the about the Bank of India, I think it was.

You didn’t go directly to You Tube to find that video, did you?! Duh. :rolleyes: If you did, we’ll see you back here asking for help with ZANGO. I’m sure not going to check out the real thing for you.:)

And if I understand this stuff right, you will NOT see the real URL. If it don't go to a Zango site, it may have been removed/fixed or whatever. I'm sure not going to try it.

funkmeister99
2007-10-01, 00:34
Alrighty, thank's to everyone who helped.