PDA

View Full Version : unable to browse - trojan a.bat found

jegjr
2007-09-02, 19:40
Hello,

I'm sorry if this subject has already been addressed; maybe someone can send me a link. I've already read this post (http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=16943&highlight=trojan+a.bat) and others, but have not found exactly my problem. As in the above post, I too have the trojan virus a.bat; Norton Virus Scan is unable to completely delete it - upon reboot it always re-appears. BUT, here is my real problem: I cannot browse the web through any web browser. My internet connection is fine, as my son's computer which is connected wirelessly to mine is having no problem; and, if I type the IP address number to Google in the address bar, I am directed to Google. However, if I click on any link, or type an address into the address bar, or click on any site in my favorites, I go nowhere and receive the "unable to connect to webpage" page. My Outlook Express email will also not connect. I have performed numerous antivirus/malware scans from many different sources but to no avail. The last thing i want to do is re-install my OS. Any suggestions...

jegjr
2007-09-03, 22:29
thank you, but I've already re-installed XP - just to be safe.